The noon to one rule...

helenofcalifornia

I think it was 83 million and given out in proportion to the hours that worked in the "offending" period of time.
We have to start lunch between our fourth and fifth hour of work and end it before the sixth hour. Kind of a pain in the ass when you are getting things done and in a groove, and have to stop for lunch. Some people nap, most all people eat, some people would rather keep on delivering until it's done.

40 and out

In my center,all that matters is that it doesn't show up on the dreaded closed 12-1 report. We can just sheet it after 1 . I usually go back after 1,but I don't have to. Most important is not to show up on report. Servicing the customer is secondary.

All Day

How do you sheet a package for a business that is closed that day (like a salon that is always closed on monday) when you get there between 12-1?? By rule you should sheet it while you are at the stop, so do you return after 1:00 just to sheet it closed??[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I would do.
Otherwise you are falsifying records.
It's stupid, but it's not my rule.

Ya, thats what I do to. There are so many rules anymore its hard to get things done......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do you sheet a package for a business that is closed that day (like a salon that is always closed on monday) when you get there between 12-1?? By rule you should sheet it while you are at the stop, so do you return after 1:00 just to sheet it closed??

You don't sheet it at all. If a business is closed Monday it wouldn't be on the truck. That was a trick question, right?

Steve is right--get with your dispatch sup and have known closures marked as "Hold" so that they are not on the pkg car. I have a hair salon that is closed on Mondays and a dental office that is closed on Wednesdays.; however, there are times when a stylist may be at the salon for an appt or the dentist may be at his office so I do not hold these stops. If they are not there they are sheeted as CLO H. We have had this discussion here before and I would rather not have it again but that is the policy in my center. This is done so that the business does not lose one of its delivery days just because we attempt when we know that they are not open.

CharleyHustle

Ya, thats what I do to. There are so many rules anymore its hard to get things done......

You have to ask yourself, why there is a rule in the first place. Back before DIADs, some customers always came back from lunch to find a delivery notice stuck to their door. After several times having to retrieve their pkgs at the center, of'course they complained. With DIAD technology, even the customer knows when you were there. Most of the hard and fast, inconvient rules are for managers and hourly who simply can't control themselves.

Old Shoes

They just tell us don't sheet closed between 12 and 1 and after 5. So pre record and bring it up after 1 and then hit stop complete. Now the ones closeing by 5 you have to get them off.

All Day

They just tell us don't sheet closed between 12 and 1 and after 5. So pre record and bring it up after 1 and then hit stop complete. Now the ones closeing by 5 you have to get them off.

If they want us to do it that way, then why not just get rid of the noon to one rule?????

By doing this, you are showing the business closed after 1300 and you are blocks away form the stop. You just gave UPS all the ammo they need to fire you for dishonesty. Because, in fact, you just lied.

There is a report that shows when you prerecord a package, time stop in and time stop out. Try taking it out and putting it back in, then take it out again. This may prevent the possibility of a dishonesty charge.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Originally Posted by Old Shoes

By doing this, you are showing the business closed after 1300 and you are blocks away form the stop. You just gave UPS all the ammo they need to fire you for dishonesty. Because, in fact, you just lied.

tpl is right on the money with this post. they can and will show you were not in the area at the time you stop completed the stop, and that is dishonesty.
There is a report that shows when you prerecord a package, time stop in and time stop out. Try taking it out and putting it back in, then take it out again. This may prevent the possibility of a dishonesty charge.

how quaint, 89. usually i agree with much of what you post, but this is way off base.

now, not only did you do something dishonest, you just showed ups you know ups can track it, and have shown them you are trying to cover up your dishonesty by being even more dishonest to cover your dishonesty. and you dont think they can/will track it?

if caught, kiss your behind goodbye, as this is proof that you are premeditating your dishonest act.

d

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Steve is right--get with your dispatch sup and have known closures marked as "Hold" so that they are not on the pkg car. I have a hair salon that is closed on Mondays and a dental office that is closed on Wednesdays.; however, there are times when a stylist may be at the salon for an appt or the dentist may be at his office so I do not hold these stops. If they are not there they are sheeted as CLO H. We have had this discussion here before and I would rather not have it again but that is the policy in my center. This is done so that the business does not lose one of its delivery days just because we attempt when we know that they are not open.

They will not do that in our franchise!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Doing this will put you on a different report, when you sheet or stop complete things away from the actual location, they can see that as well. Then you get nailed for not making an actual attempt. Far worse punishment than the closed between 12-1.

whiskey

Doing this will put you on a different report, when you sheet or stop complete things away from the actual location, they can see that as well. Then you get nailed for not making an actual attempt. Far worse punishment than the closed between 12-1.

I was learning a new route. I was told an 8 hour day consisted of 195 stops. After 3 weeks, my best was 150. Then, one day, I was warned, "you better come back to the building clean". So the last 45 stops went to one street. Everyone on that street got packages. Nothing was sheeted. I returned to the building clean. Needless to say, I never did that again.

browned out

Danny,

No, that's not what happened. Here is the whole story, and anyone from California can verify what I'm saying.

This started with a California law. The law stated that employers had to allow their employees to have a 1 hour UNINTERRUPTED meal period. Lawyers started soliciting employees to sue their employers saying that they were kept from having their rest period uninterrupted.

In one suit, the judge ruled that not only must the employer allow for a the meal period, they were responsible to ensure that it was taken. In other words, if an employee chose to work during lunch, the employer was still fined.

At that time, UPS put in software in the DIAD that if enabled would lock out any work being done.

The case had nothing to do with suing for back pay.... Nothing to do with UPS trying to get back at anyone. It was a reaction to a California ruling.

Do a search for California Rest Period.

BTW, I think that since then the rulings have been a little relaxed.

P-Man

I believe the diad lock out is for an hour a day. Not between 12 and 1. It will not let you do any sheeting for one hour; you can break up your lunch or whatever. It just has to show an hour of no work.

browned out

This is just the way we have to do what they told ya. How about no sheeting clo after 5. What about a 7-11 or a police station or restaurant that is usually open til 9pm or later but is closed one day. We can't use EC in our ctr anymore. I guess we should just run every business before 5. Does not make sense or dollars.

deepsouthmamaw

Posted: most days im here by 11, some days i take lunch between 11 and 2, and some days i leave as early as 3, and other days i need to pick up my kids between 2 and 3, i am expecting a pkg very important need it today thanks jane customer could you bring it to joe blow 3 areas away