The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

oldngray

nowhere special
If Trump had been prepared for the job of running the country, he would have been the first person.

Its the nature of the system. I heard it said something like the first 2 years to learn, then 2 years to work on getting re-elected, then the first 2 years of the second term the only time a President can really focus on the job, ending with the last 2 years ineffective as a lame duck.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
All democrats have is russia and they will run with it forever, ignoring their party has been hijacked.
Republicans DON'T CARE about what Trump and or his people did. They only CARE about whether or not what Trump and or his people did is exposed to the light of day where deniability is implausibly self-destructive. Republicans have no ethical or moral values; they only have financial ones.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Its the nature of the system. I heard it said something like the first 2 years to learn, then 2 years to work on getting re-elected, then the first 2 years of the second term the only time a President can really focus on the job, ending with the last 2 years ineffective as a lame duck.
Great!
We'll be $30 Trillion in debt by 2021

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Republicans DON'T CARE about what Trump and or his people did. They only CARE about whether or not what Trump and or his people did is exposed to the light of day where deniability is implausibly self-destructive. Republicans have no ethical or moral values; they only have financial ones.
because if I'm Russian I'm hacking for trump, then I'm going to make a huge fuss about it to let the world know so that way people know trump was compromised. What exactly have the Russians gained by have trump elected

Jkloc420

if your doing something for someone you usually keep it on the low low, it is how deals are made to gain something

oldngray

nowhere special
because if I'm Russian I'm hacking for trump, then I'm going to make a huge fuss about it to let the world know so that way people know trump was compromised. What exactly have the Russians gained by have trump elected

It has been worse for Russia since Trump was elected than it was under Obama. Darn those annoying facts!

It will be fine

I agree, that's why I said why go so big and bold if you wanted sanctions lifted or some deal
I think their goal was to destabilize America as the only super power. They want their own sphere of influence. They want a weakened EU, a weakened NATO so they can do as they please. They have been relatively successful so far. Foreign leaders have lost respect for America. Trump is openly attacking NATO. He supports Le Pen who would destroy the EU. Russian influence was waning, they just wanted to mess up the status quo.

wkmac

You don't believe that Trump has laundered Russian money?

I believe anything is possible, but like Obama's birth certificate, meaningful evidence is another matter.

Comfortably sitting back and watching while being entertained by what seems at the moment as the new "birther" movement.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I believe anything is possible, but like Obama's birth certificate, meaningful evidence is another matter.

Comfortably sitting back and watching while being entertained by what seems at the moment as the new "birther" movement.
WkMac is HOT tonight!

Jkloc420

it makes no sense to hack an election, let people know you did it then demand something in return. Trump can't help the Russians if everyone knows they hacked the election. Not to mention nothing he the past six months has benefited russia. That's a bad deal

Jkloc420

I didn't need the Russians. I wasn't voting for hillary from day one. A bunch of butt hurt political people who are afraid the status qua is going away

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
it makes no sense to hack an election, let people know you did it then demand something in return. Trump can't help the Russians if everyone knows they hacked the election. Not to mention nothing he the past six months has benefited russia. That's a bad deal
They did influence the election though. Through hacks and systematically spreading fake news. So assuming you're right, in your opinion why did they do it then?

Jkloc420

They did influence the election though. Through hacks and systematically spreading fake news. So assuming you're right, in your opinion why did they do it then?
Depends what you believe and what was supposed to happen if clinton got elected. I think the hacks were an inside job by the sanders camp. Seth rich was killed because he was the leakers. The Russian story is just a cover to cover that up.

Jkloc420

it don't make sense for the Russians to hack for trump, then go big on it to show they did it. then expect something in return. Public scrutiny knowing the Russians did it wouldn't allow trump to do anything. It just makes no sense

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
it don't make sense for the Russians to hack for trump, then go big on it to show they did it. then expect something in return. Public scrutiny knowing the Russians did it wouldn't allow trump to do anything. It just makes no sense
Ok, but they did in fact do it, I was just curious if you had any opinion why since you think it wasn't to benefit them or trump.