The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

MAKAVELI

quote from your source :
"There was no indication that the FBI has sought to question Deripaska for its investigation, the Times reported."
Also in the article.
Deripaska, who has close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, traveled several times to the U.S. from 2011 to 2014 on a diplomatic passport, according to the Times. He was unable to obtain regular business visas for travel to the U.S. because of suspicions by American officials that he was linked to the Russian mob — which Deripaska has denied.

BrownArmy

Can we all agree that Russian meddling in our election process is problematic?

Forget Trump and 'collusion' etc. for a minute, can we come to a common point where we agree that the Russians screwed with our election process>?

Lefties are looking for Trump's impeachment (not going to happen).

Righties are...just fine with Russian hacking?

It's not clear to me exactly when or where the 'right' became OK with Russia.

Again, forget Trump and his cronies.

Russia friend'D WITH OUR ELECTION PROCESS.

(Yes, yes, we friend with other countries, that's not my point).

On a very basic level, I would like any and all investigations to proceed, not because I think Trump will be implicated (please, Trump is a maroon), but I would like to know what and when and exactly how the Russians got into our sh.

If some Trump folks get caught up in that, fine, but, to me, that's not the point.

Lefties need to settle down, they're not helping the cause.

newfie

Also in the article.
Deripaska, who has close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, traveled several times to the U.S. from 2011 to 2014 on a diplomatic passport, according to the Times. He was unable to obtain regular business visas for travel to the U.S. because of suspicions by American officials that he was linked to the Russian mob — which Deripaska has denied.

trump was not running for president then. anything else?

newfie

I can agree that Obama and Hillary Clinton want us to believe that the Russians were responsible for the wiki-leaks meddling.

how were podesta's emails hacked? not with some superior state sponsored hacking of his computer , but with a simple Phish password stealer that any 4th grade computer junkie could have generated.

BrownArmy

I can agree that Obama and Hillary Clinton want us to believe that the Russians were responsible for the wiki-leaks meddling.

how were podesta's emails hacked? not with some superior state sponsored hacking of his computer , but with a simple Phish password stealer that any 4th grade computer junkie could have generated.

It's not clear to me that you've thought this through.

BrownArmy

its not clear to me that you have an answer for the fact that approximately 30 million people in the US alone have the computer skills required to perform the hack of podesta's emails.

Just to be clear, is it your assertion that Russia played no part at all in our last election process?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Forget Trump and 'collusion' etc. for a minute, can we come to a common point where we agree that the Russians screwed with our election process?

On a very basic level, I would like any and all investigations to proceed, not because I think Trump will be implicated (please, Trump is a maroon), but I would like to know what and when and exactly how the Russians got into our sh.
Yes

They tried

Agreed

BrownArmy

its not clear to me that you have an answer for the fact that approximately 30 million people in the US alone have the computer skills required to perform the hack of podesta's emails.

Just to be clear, do you think the US Intelligence services are lying when they say that Russia got into our business?

newfie

Just to be clear, is it your assertion that Russia played no part at all in our last election process?

it is my assertion that I am open to the possibility that they attempted to meddle. I am also open to the possibility that the Clinton campaign with the help of the Obama team cooked up this Russian story to defend what was some pretty damning information in the podesta emails.
even now the Clinton folks somehow refer to the wiki-leaks emails as damaging while ignoring the reality that they along with the DNC created the damning information found in said emails.

newfie

To continue that thought I am also open to the possibility that our current intelligence group with the frequency of their leaks and their total disregard for national security and confidentiality has demonstrated that they are not interested in being an objective provider of intelligence.