ManInBrown

What you describe is exactly what we’ve seen in the Bay Area, even down to center manager quitting. After maxing out our 70 yesterday we were walking out of the building and quite honestly it looked like we made things worse. In 21 years I’ve never seen such a look of panic in managements face. We were told in Friday’s “70 hour” pcm that our companies future is on the line. Not exactly sure how this is our fault, anyone with any amount of experience has seen this coming all year.
Yesterday they mandated any and all non-operations personal to be dispatched to buildings near and far, had a BD guy from down south loading my truck. He said this entire year our service numbers have been the worse in the industry and that really that’s all we had over our competition. The damage to our reputation will be irreversible.
center manager quit? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What a sissy. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Must really suck to be in mgmt. imagine having to take this sheet home with you every night? Even working 64 hours last week every night when I walked out at 11pm my day was done.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

This is the first time in my 14 year career at UPS where I've actually felt embarrassed to tell people that I work at UPS! Something really has to change brothers and sisters!!

badpal

DM came to our PCM yesterday morning and informed us that UPS customer service rating is now in the mid 60% range down from upper 80% in October. He stated that we have already lost some major shippers and it's up to us to get them back. Starting Monday, he said, management will be reviewing the appearance guidelines and checking that all drivers are in compliance. Folks, I couldn't make this :censored2: up! Corporate screws up, fails to hire enough staff to handle peak, and it's being blamed on our appearance?!? SMH
giphy.gif
A tough shoe audit should cure the problem

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

DM came to our PCM yesterday morning and informed us that UPS customer service rating is now in the mid 60% range down from upper 80% in October. He stated that we have already lost some major shippers and it's up to us to get them back. Starting Monday, he said, management will be reviewing the appearance guidelines and checking that all drivers are in compliance. Folks, I couldn't make this :censored2: up! Corporate screws up, fails to hire enough staff to handle peak, and it's being blamed on our appearance?!? SMH
giphy.gif

See this just pisses me off!! :censored2: that!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

giphy.gif

I wouldnt be able to keep my mouth shut! No way I'm calling that bull:censored2: out! :censored2: that!!

Box Ox

But if they think we are losing customers because of shoes then UPS is clearly doomed.

They don’t. Corporate and management are all afraid of each other and of making command decisions. So finding stupid and cowardly excuses to pass the buck on to drivers is their method of self-preservation.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
thinking u could probably get away with it for 2 weeks
There’s guys in feeder coming in with full beards and 1/2 of a brown uniform and hoping in the rig and leaving...lol... and these aren’t casuals... full time guys ... looking like a bunch of gypos here!!