retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There’s guys in feeder coming in with full beards and 1/2 of a brown uniform and hoping in the rig and leaving...lol... and these aren’t casuals... full time guys ... looking like a bunch of gypos here!!
Beards are allowed now with a doctor's excuse. Is there abuse? Of course. The sleeper team driver who isn't driving isn't required to be in uniform. Feeder drivers don't meet the customer, so there has always been a little more relaxed atmosphere. Unless some new suit comes in and wants to crack the whip.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Corporate folks worked the Preload and tried to run a second Preload Sort after we left the building. All our air was late. The plan was to clean out all the rolled trailers and then shuttle the loads out. My supervisor finally brought mine out at 5PM. I was working my 6000 section, I just took the ones that were in the 6-8000 sections. I took about ten stops and ran about 240 total. I wasn't running my route twice and stay out all night. When I got back, routes were stacked out on pallets all over the place. Maybe they can come in and try to clean us up again tomorrow.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The Corporate folks worked the Preload and tried to run a second Preload Sort after we left the building. All our air was late. The plan was to clean out all the rolled trailers and then shuttle the loads out. My supervisor finally brought mine out at 5PM. I was working my 6000 section, I just took the ones that were in the 6-8000 sections. I took about ten stops and ran about 240 total. I wasn't running my route twice and stay out all night. When I got back, routes were stacked out on pallets all over the place. Maybe they can come in and try to clean us up again tomorrow.
Do you hand them a grievance for corporate working when they brought you more stuff?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So they went to all of that trouble to run a sort and bring your work out to you and you felt if was OK to just take the stops that were convenient to you? 10 whole stops-----hope that didn't put you too far behind.

If they bring our work out to us we are expected to take it all and to say "thank you, sir, may I have another?"

We had 2 trailers show up just before start time and a third that a gypo had taken for a 380 mile joy ride in the wrong direction (he went to Buffalo rather than the BOG) that showed up just after 10. Our PDS wanted to cut us off at start time and roll those trailers but was told that he had to process them. City drivers were sent out and told to come back for their work-----I came back to a pile of 50-75 packages.

Busted my ass and was punched out at 1815 only to be rewarded with 38 stops off a residential split that had never left the bldg. Punched out for the night around 2025 and even with the double trip I was one of the first ones back.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
tenor (11).gif

Future

Victory Ride
So they went to all of that trouble to run a sort and bring your work out to you and you felt if was OK to just take the stops that were convenient to you? 10 whole stops-----hope that didn't put you too far behind.

If they bring our work out to us we are expected to take it all and to say "thank you, sir, may I have another?"

We had 2 trailers show up just before start time and a third that a gypo had taken for a 380 mile joy ride in the wrong direction (he went to Buffalo rather than the BOG) that showed up just after 10. Our PDS wanted to cut us off at start time and roll those trailers but was told that he had to process them. City drivers were sent out and told to come back for their work-----I came back to a pile of 50-75 packages.

Busted my ass and was punched out at 1815 only to be rewarded with 38 stops off a residential split that had never left the bldg. Punched out for the night around 2025 and even with the double trip I was one of the first ones back.
They probably gave the Gypo.... a bonus for showing up?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They probably gave the Gypo.... a bonus for showing up?

Let's just say that they were less than pleased with that individual.

Turns out he didn't even bother to read his paperwork-----just hopped in and drove west on 90 rather than east. He was almost out of hours when he reached Buffalo so they had to have someone else haul it up here to the BOG.

Would it be that difficult to put bar codes on trailers?

Future

Victory Ride
Let's just say that they were less than pleased with that individual.

Turns out he didn't even bother to read his paperwork-----just hopped in and drove west on 90 rather than east. He was almost out of hours when he reached Buffalo so they had to have someone else haul it up here to the BOG.

Would it be that difficult to put bar codes on trailers?
Definately stupid .... but very humorous

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds like they should of given you more.

E

el blanco

what is the lesson here, to be learned?

CoolStoryBro

Fake news. There are no pallets at UPS.