The slobs among us...

barnyard

KTM rider
Earlier this year, I did a route that I have done quite a bit in the past, this time, the route holder showed me where he hid a hand broom for sweeping off the shelves (lots of gravel roads on his route), so I swept off the shelves at the end of the night and on Friday, grabbed a hose and rinsed off the floor.

It is so nice taking packages off the shelf that are not covered in so much dust that you cannot read the label.

I usually pack out all my trash at the end of the day and have not gotten into the habit of hosing out the back on Fridays.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The paper and bottle garbage on the shelves when I come in (not piss bottles) doesn't bother me so much,..I'll grab it and toss it under the bottom belt (which is where we throw our garbage).

One of my biggest pet peeves....is drivers (usually cover drivers) who don't leave the hand cart up near the bulkhead door at the.end of their day...but leave it laying down on a wheel hub, or in the cargo area, or even lay it down up on a shelf. It just irks me.,..put it back!

Don't forget the people who unload the send agains often move the handtrucks and don't always put them back.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

Pooter

I think the worst is one who urinates at the back of the truck floor. Arghhhh! summer baked urine. >:(

Last edited by a moderator:

JL 0513

As a cover driver, it's a different car for me everyday. Nothing worse than piles of trash and useless old supplies. The packages take up enough space. Gotta love the piss bottle left behind. Do people have no shame? Everyday, I clean all trash and leave a full tank for the next guy.

No one ain't gots no time to clean the truck. No time allowance for that.

This time pressure we are always under is part of the problem. There's lots of things we as drivers have to do during the course of a day that doesn't get a real time allowance. Our day seems time measured on everything going just right. Why else would someone bring back an empty gas tank?

Last edited:
S

selfcancelsignal

...my usual package car was in the shop most of the week so I wound up driving an assortment of spare cars. Without fail, every morning before leaving the building I had to refill a bone-dry fuel tank and remove at least one full DR bag packed full of trash that had been jammed into a every nook and cranny of the cab.

I am hardly a neat freak, and my truck is usually filthy from spending half the day on dusty gravel roads, but I cannot stand working in a truck full of garbage. I'm talking about candy wrappers, Big Gulp cups full of tobacco spit, bags from fast-food resturaunts, empty water bottles, etc.

What is amazing to me is that our building has trash cans on the fuel islands right next to the pumps, so when we refuel there is a trash can less than 3 feet away. Yet I see drivers pull in at night with overflowing waste baskets and cabs packed full of garbage that they don't bother dumping out while they refuel. I don't understand how anyone can stand to work all day in a truck packed full of trash, and it is downright disrespectful to your fellow driver to leave your mess behind for him or her to clean up. It also causes service failures; I found two smalls in the back that had been picked up days earlier and wound up getting buried underneath trash and clutter that had piled up on one of the shelves.

UPS needs to implement and enforce a rule requiring drivers to clean trash out of the truck as part of the post-trip inspection.
Totally agree. I take care of this on a nightly basis. Usually after my last stop before I head back to the building.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

BigBeef42

Maybe, its because its my 1st year driving, i fill up the tank and actually wash the windshield at the fuel island.

Its my way of saying - i drove your PC today - and thank you.

Less Runnin, More Stunnin