The UPS Driver Diet...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I train for distance races pretty much all year long, which is a real challenge on top of the physical day that we all put in for big brown. Getting enough sleep is crucial, but no less so than diet, and in the past 4-5 years especially I've made a real effort to keep it clean and lean, which I think is as important for overall health as it is for workout recovery and race performance.

Monday through Friday I get up at 0330 and drink a cup of coffee (obviously!) followed by a carb/electrolyte drink before I go get my daily run in. Post run I have a recovery drink, then breakfast consists of a banana and a (big) bowl of whole grain cereal and soy milk. I graze throughout the day on the contents of my cooler, generally trail mix, apples, brown rice and veggies, and a yogurt smoothie. I try to avoid eating out on the road, both because of the cost and because it's too hard to make good nutritional choices.

Dinner is usually tempeh cooked up in canola oil, more brown rice and veggies (I love my rice cooker :wink:) , and maybe some salad. Cutting back on meat is something new I'm trying this year, and I'm using tempeh, tofu and lentils to make up for the lost protein which so far seems to be working pretty well.

Not the most exciting diet, but I'm a simple guy and it works for me.

UnderPaidSucka

I eat about 2 fingernails every morning before my pcm. And then another fingernail when Im in the spank chair in the big office every other morning.
Too damn nervous to do anything else put unload my packages 20 stops per hour. Pray to god an Omaha Steaks box is refused, or broken. I can chew on a frozen piece of tenderloin. Then I go home and pig out before my nerves start in about the morning to come. It works. I lost 35 pounds last Christmas. Look for my infomercial.

DS

Fenderbender
Jones,wow I bet if you had 15 nda letters you could park the truck at the end of the street and bang them off faster by running them.I`m not into long distance running but I respect your moxy.I like macaroni and fries,sausages and mashed potatoes or cabbage rolls with perogies and sour cream,but thats not till 11:30 at night after about 12 beers and another pack of smokes.
Long may you run

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
double_standard said:
Jones,wow I bet if you had 15 nda letters you could park the truck at the end of the street and bang them off faster by running them.
Heh, I don't know about that:tongue_sm. I'm actually pretty concious of working smarter, not harder, and not making the mistake of trying to turn this job into a workout. There are plenty of days where I envy the runners i know who work a 9-5 office job and don't have to worry about their job taking so much out them physically that training becomes near impossible. It's a real balancing act, and I've considered leaving UPS just over this issue even though i generally enjoy the work (I know that sounds crazy).

DS

Fenderbender
Jones said:
i generally enjoy the work (I know that sounds crazy).
For the most part I enjoy it too except for ...COD`s, people in apartments that like the shopping channel,and jerks that wait till 6:29pm to call for a pickup.My job is my workout,and my p800 is my gym. I think its keeping me alert and alive.And I`m getting paid for it.

InTheRed

double_standard said:
For the most part I enjoy it too except for ...COD`s, people in apartments that like the shopping channel,and jerks that wait till 6:29pm to call for a pickup.My job is my workout,and my p800 is my gym. I think its keeping me alert and alive.And I`m getting paid for it.

ahhhh yes the shopping channel(s). Every route has at least ONE addict. Today I covered a route and I had 15 pieces of HSN and QVC for this one house....hey, it's not even christmas...what gives?

DS

Fenderbender
Notice the heaviest boxes seem to go to the bigger people?
The little ones buy watches and lamps,the big ones get tv`s, excercise machines and lawn furniture.

robinsonron607

You got to eat breakfast! I focus on eating fruit,
i. e., fresh and dried, nuts/seeds, complex cards and lean protein while drinking Piedialyte for hydration, my goal is to consume 1000 calories or more to sustain me to lunch, and consuming another 1000 calories or more to get through second half of day, also there's nothing wrong with eating before bed, as long as it's not high in fat! Protein and complex carbs for bed, you have to rebuild muscle (protein) and replenish glycogen (carbohydrates) levels within the muscle, get another 1000 calories in and hydrate!

Ron

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
i. e., fresh and dried, nuts/seeds, complex cards and lean protein while drinking Piedialyte for hydration, my goal is to consume 1000 calories or more to sustain me to lunch, and consuming another 1000 calories or more to get through second half of day, also there's nothing wrong with eating before bed, as long as it's not high in fat! Protein and complex carbs for bed, you have to rebuild muscle (protein) and replenish glycogen (carbohydrates) levels within the muscle, get another 1000 calories in and hydrate!

Ron
Thanks Ron
You know this thread is from 2006 don’t you

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Ron
85B085F8-6FF4-4A57-9590-0B95677199CF.png

lol

BrownStains

Breakfast- banana with bagel or fig bar, lunch - sandwich either peanut butter, ham or salami and cheese and small bag of chips or crackers, dinner - whatever wife makes spaghetti, tacos, fish, chicken burgers, pizza etc. I used to stop and order pizzas or get a sub on late routes but now I never eat fast food. Sometimes I’ll eat frozen meals too if there’s nothing for dinner.