The UPS Driver Diet...

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Slow cooker chicken chili
IMG_20210627_072131540.jpg

Whereistheunion

Anyone have one? I figure on here would be the best place to ask since we sorta have an unconventional body schedule. I take lunch at 2pm and rarely eat breakfast, but i never really have all my life. My lunch is usually a pair of sandwiches and a piece of fruit. Dinner is different all the time, sometimes I just make spaghetti, sometimes burgers, etc etc. Whenever I've worked in operations, I've been a pig at times for eating with that bottomless stomach, but I'm sure most people here can relate.

At work I'm one of those swing-guys, so I do basically every kind of route... easy man retirement route to a harsh business/handcart environment to a heavy driver release route. High-step/low-step, I work 'em all.

Presently I weigh about 195 and stand 5' 11" tall. I'm 26 years old. Thanks in advance for all your input. :)
Before, golden corral closed on my route I ate there everyday I ate honeydew with baked chicken, corn and mashed potatoes light gravy. I occasionally would eat cantaloupe with it too. I am 45 and 6ft tall weigh 190lbs. Now that golden corral is closed forever, I get a chicken Cobb salad from chick Fila everyday or a Tuna sub from subway with salsa chips periodically. I spend 20.00 dollars 💵 a day eating and drinking sweet tea everyday. It's the cost of doing business truck needs fuel and so do I.

Whereistheunion

2 sausage biscuits from Ronald on the way to work.

coffee, coffee, coffee, and coffee

6" sub and a soft pretzel from Wawa around 11:00. Sometimes I'll skip lunch and eat peanut butter crackers for an hour or so.

water, water, water, and water

coffee

2 bananas around 4:30.

Spend any remaining lunch hour/break time reading educational magazines, Hot Rod, Super Chevy etc.

Dinner......depends on my family's social schedule. Either Fast Food or leftovers.
Wawa, sounds soooo good. We don't have them in OHIO. But I had it in Florida and ummm 👍

Est.1998

I train for distance races pretty much all year long, which is a real challenge on top of the physical day that we all put in for big brown. Getting enough sleep is crucial, but no less so than diet, and in the past 4-5 years especially I've made a real effort to keep it clean and lean, which I think is as important for overall health as it is for workout recovery and race performance.

Monday through Friday I get up at 0330 and drink a cup of coffee (obviously!) followed by a carb/electrolyte drink before I go get my daily run in. Post run I have a recovery drink, then breakfast consists of a banana and a (big) bowl of whole grain cereal and soy milk. I graze throughout the day on the contents of my cooler, generally trail mix, apples, brown rice and veggies, and a yogurt smoothie. I try to avoid eating out on the road, both because of the cost and because it's too hard to make good nutritional choices.

Dinner is usually tempeh cooked up in canola oil, more brown rice and veggies (I love my rice cooker :wink:) , and maybe some salad. Cutting back on meat is something new I'm trying this year, and I'm using tempeh, tofu and lentils to make up for the lost protein which so far seems to be working pretty well.

Not the most exciting diet, but I'm a simple guy and it works for me.
@Jones
Time Capsule!!!
Are you still doing long distance running?
Same diet?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
@Jones
Time Capsule!!!
Are you still doing long distance running?
Same diet?
Damn, you went back for that post. Haven't raced since Covid started but I'm pretty much just a 5ker these days anyway, just don't feel like putting in the training time for ultras anymore. Currently getting in around 30-40 miles/week. Still eat pretty clean, lotsa chicken and steamed veggies. Best thing about being retired is getting my workouts in on my own schedule instead of trying to fit them in around UPS's schedule.