The US DOJ The wholly owned subsidiary of Trump Inc.

vantexan

He was tried and found guilty in a court of law. That’s what I call justice. The president pressuring the attorney general to interfere is not what I would call justice.
How about if the president pardons him because he feels justice hasn't been done? Does he have that right? And sentencing guidelines have a range. Sounds like the Mueller team pushed for an extreme sentence to make an example of him. He may be convicted but up to jury to decide sentence and if the recommendation was politically motivated the attorney general has every right to step in. Absolutely ridiculous how Stone was treated. Hope you never have a middle of the night raid on your home by heavily armed men for "lying."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Prove that sentencing guidelines state 9 years for lying to investigators.
He was tried and found guilty in a court of law. That’s what I call justice. The president pressuring the attorney general to interfere is not what I would call justice.
The guidelines are 37-46 months.
It's sad the Justice department has to make their own suggestion to the court because TDS has overtaken the Mueller probe people's common sense.

vantexan

Wrong. The AG that said no to Trump was fired. Why do you defend this clear abuse of presidential power?
Then he would be fired. He serves at the pleasure of the president. He'll weigh whether he wants to be fired or not but as a Republican he knows why 9 years was recommended. Easy call to make.

vantexan

Ask Jeff Sessions how that turned out for him.
Jeff Sessions refused to do anything and precipitated the Mueller investigation by recusing himself. After the Mueller debacle Trump wanted an effective AG. A debacle that divided the country for two years because a milquetoast AG didn't want to touch it.

It will be fine

Then he would be fired. He serves at the pleasure of the president. He'll weigh whether he wants to be fired or not but as a Republican he knows why 9 years was recommended. Easy call to make.
So you think the President should weigh in on any trial of his campaign members and an attorney general that disagrees with him should be fired. You think this is a conservative viewpoint? Have you read anything about the constitution and what the framers intended?

vantexan

So you think the President should weigh in on any trial of his campaign members and an attorney general that disagrees with him should be fired. You think this is a conservative viewpoint? Have you read anything about the constitution and what the framers intended?
I think the president absolutely has an interest in how his close associates are treated in a witch hunt. The whole Russian collusion narrative was concocted by anti-Trump partisans and the full weight of the government was brought on Trump associates to get anything they could use against Trump. What was done to Flynn and Stone should have never happened.

It will be fine

I think the president absolutely has an interest in how his close associates are treated in a witch hunt. The whole Russian collusion narrative was concocted by anti-Trump partisans and the full weight of the government was brought on Trump associates to get anything they could use against Trump. What was done to Flynn and Stone should have never happened.
I don’t think you actually know what Stone did. I think when you parrot propaganda like witch hunt you give away your ignorance. We don’t elect kings. Justice is blind. Your embrace of unlimited executive power is pathetic.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don’t think you actually know what Stone did. I think when you parrot propaganda like witch hunt you give away your ignorance. We don’t elect kings. Justice is blind. Your embrace of unlimited executive power is pathetic.
Your TDS is bad.
The Justice department, independent of Trump, made the proper sentencing suggestion to the court. The prosecutors that were out of line resigned.

What's the problem?

vantexan

And I didn't say the AG should be fired for standing up to Trump. I said federal employees including cabinet members serve at the pleasure of the president and it's in the Constitution the president has the right to hire and fire whom he pleases. If he fires someone incorrectly as in to cover up crimes then it's a matter for the House of Representatives to decide whether that is impeachable. So take it up with the House if he fires Barr. In the meantime it's Barr's call and he made the right one. The only reason YOU want the 9 years is because Stone is a Trump associate. Exactly the kind of partisan BS Barr is protecting Stone from.

vantexan

He lied to investigators. He didn't pull a gun on a bank teller. He didn't embezzle funds. And DIDO already stated what the guidelines are. So why did they recommend 9 years?

vantexan

The Mueller Investigation was a fishing expedition and I expect more if the Dems hold the House.