The US DOJ The wholly owned subsidiary of Trump Inc.

MAKAVELI

Attorney General Bill Barr announced a slew of additional sanctions that he called a "significant escalation" against left-wing local and state governments that obstruct the "lawful functioning of our nation's immigration system.
Speaking at the National Sheriff’s Association 2020 Winter Legislative and Technology Conference in Washington, D.C., Barr said the Justice Department would immediately file multiple lawsuits against sanctuary jurisdictions for unconstitutionally interfering with federal immigration enforcement, and implement unprecedented national reviews of left-wing sanctuary governments and prosecutors.

"Let us state the reality upfront and as clearly as possible," Barr began. "When we are talking about sanctuary cities, we are talking about policies that are designed to allow criminal aliens to escape. These policies are not about people who came to our country illegally but have otherwise been peaceful and productive members of society. Their express purpose is to shelter aliens whom local law enforcement has already arrested for other crimes. This is neither lawful nor sensible."

The DOJ has now filed a federal complaint against the State of New Jersey seeking declaratory and injunctive relief "against its laws that forbid state and local law enforcement from sharing vital information about criminal aliens with DHS," Barr said.
State's rights. Lol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He lied to investigators. He didn't pull a gun on a bank teller. He didn't embezzlement funds. And DIDO already stated what the guidelines are. So why did they recommend 9 years?
They were trying to escalate it to charges of physical violence, because Stone made a comment about taking Credico's dog away. That person has said they did not feel threatened by the comment.

This is just liberal nonsense. It's a recommendation to the court, the judge on the case decides what the sentence will be.

Just another liberal freak out over a nothingberder.

BrownArmy

Political suicide.
Wait until there are no political implications.
Although Nancy and Adam may impeach Trump for that transgression.

Do you really think the Donald wouldn’t intercede on any case that didn’t personally effect him?

I guarantee he’d be pushing for the maximum for his opponents.

(But he leverages his JD to help his friends)

So, we’re verging on Banana Republic status.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Do you really think the Donald wouldn’t intercede on any case that didn’t personally effect him?

You have a fun imagination.

BrownArmy

They were trying to escalate it to charges of physical violence, because Stone made a comment about taking Credico's dog away. That person has said they did not feel threatened by the comment.

This is just liberal nonsense. It's a recommendation to the court, the judge on the case decides what the sentence will be.

Just another liberal freak out over a nothingberder.

Stone was found guilty and got convicted.

Oh wait, Trump cries trumpaloompa tears for his vewy best fwiend (we’ve both been tweated so vewy vewy mean)...

Trump’s Justice Department flips the script.

Is that a world you want to live in?

Evidently it is, Brenda.

Guess what girl, a Dem will be in charge one day, this is the new norm.

You’re fine with it now, cause you like this guy, but the precedents being set here are completely fkd

vantexan

Oh wait, Trump cries trumpaloompa tears for his vewy best fwiend (we’ve both been tweated so vewy vewy mean)...

Is that a world you want to live in?

Evidently it is, Brenda.

Guess what girl, a Dem will be in charge one day, this is the new norm.

You’re fine with it now, cause you like this guy, but the precedents being set here are completely fkd
Yeah, dammit, let's throw an old man with no criminal record in prison for 9 years for lying. What's the world coming to when we can't make an example out of a friend of the president to get back at him for winning what's rightfully our's? Yeah, dammit!!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And the Justice department made a recommendation to the judge in line with sentencing guidelines.

It was the failed Mueller probe prosecutors that were out of line and trying to flip the script to make up for their coup failure.

You're fine with extreme sentencing as political punishment because you hate Trump and anyone associated with him. That's not how it's gonna go down here fren.

newfie

After successfully convicting Trump pal Roger Stone on all counts of witness tampering and lying to Congress the lead prosecutor in the has quit following an order from his DOJ superiors to roll back the 7-9 year prison sentence it has recommend that he serve. And we all know who the lead dog is at DOJ. There truly is nothing like having friends in high places.

is this the same Roger Stone that had a swat team raid his house for paper crimes?

newfie

I was not. Source?

and yes, that’s an friend’d up way to run a government.

its normal for previous administrations political appointees to rotate out. So for the sake of your argument I'm sure you can find a few examples that did not leave.
Seemed to me to be pretty light recommendation a 9 years for witnesses intimidation
View attachment 282822

thats why you and I are not in that business. its normal to have about a 20 month sentence for a first timer for this crime. Stone got the ire of prosecuters because he is a loud mouth blowhard. Their recommendation of a sentence 4 times the norm because of a personal dislike is and would be a travesty of justice.

newfie

So the final word on this subject would be if Durham proves that the entire trump investigation was based on a lie which has already been partially proven by the IG then I think Trump will pardon everyone.

the logic will be the same as a police officer doing an investigation on false premises.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
its normal for previous administrations political appointees to rotate out. So for the sake of your argument I'm sure you can find a few examples that did not leave.

thats why you and I are not in that business. its normal to have about a 20 month sentence for a first timer for this crime. Stone got the ire of prosecuters because he is a loud mouth blowhard. Their recommendation of a sentence 4 times the norm because of a personal dislike is and would be a travesty of justice.

You feeling ok today? I find myself agreeing with you. One of us should probably have themselves checked out

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

The biggest difference is that Trump does it out in the open.