The Vote No explained Youtube video Part 2: More Clarification

Grey

There may be a lot of RPCD's only working 4 days a week due to "if work is available". How much will UPS try to deliver on the weekend? I think it is a bad idea.

How do they determine who doesn’t work Monday’s? I assume it goes by seniority but that could get tricky with bid routes.

BrownRecycler

22.4 is too complicated and experimental involving massive language entanglement. If it was simple, we would have this down as quick as looking at the Wage chart.

When enforcing a complicated rule, to produce an evidence will eventually looks circumstantial and disputable leaving backlog in the grievance system.

Adapting is important and useful to go along with the flow. But, the game is only fun until the fun run out then it isn't worth playing at all.

Last edited:

opie

40 hr guarantee gone too. Buildings with Saturday ground, many drivers won't work on Mondays because the 22.4s did all the work over the weekend.

How do they determine who doesn’t work Monday’s? I assume it goes by seniority but that could get tricky with bid routes.

Not tricky at all, seniority rules. You're bid to a route but low on the list, sorry bro, better luck tomorrow. Ten-year Tommy is running your route today.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you have to ask who’s not getting to work because someone with less seniority did their work two days before, it’s not good.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You want tricky? I have asked this question before only to be met with silence.

Article 22 is specifically about full-time combination and part-time employees. Article 22.4 is specifically about the new combo driver position they are trying to introduce in this contract. Why is there language in it that governs ground drivers at all? Seems like that could lead to a legal challenge down the road, especially if it adversely effects a large number of drivers.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Attendance bonus out the door. So if these young part timers that would vote for that 2 dollar raise they in reality will lose that extra bonus of $125 a week for showing up on time daily..Think about it people.

And do not forget everybody is now skilled if you are part time.

15.50 starting wage for new hire in 2022 will be minimum wage in most states.

Yeah great contract for part timers, let us hear it again why should they vote for this one.

I still can not figure out that reduced contribution increase of .30 into the (part timer's Health and Welfare) compared to the full timer's increase of .50. You would think that Team Care could use that extra funding.

Is that extra .70 really going into their pension contributions, considering most of then are in a (defined pension plan)?

BrownRecycler

Attendance bonus out the door. So if these young part timers that would vote for that 2 dollar raise they in reality will lose that extra bonus of $125 a week for showing up on time daily..Think about it people.

And do not forget everybody is now skilled if you are part time.

15.50 starting wage for new hire in 2022 will be minimum wage in most states.

Yeah great contract for part timers, let us hear it again why should they vote for this one.

I still can not figure out that reduced contribution increase of .30 into the (part timer's Health and Welfare) compared to the full timer's increase of .50. You would think that Team Care could use that extra funding.

Is that extra .70 really going into their pension contributions, considering most of then are in a (defined pension plan)?

$200 a week at my facility

It wouldn't make a difference. If they still can't get people to work at UPS even after the raise, they might have to to stimulate the work force. Note: The $200 a week would have made the hourly avg at $20+. Even if that was the case, they still won't show up. They will still quit.

The cream of the crop will be benefiting the raise more than the quitter.

$.30 an hour is a way to keep UPS from falling behind in payment? I think the way I see it. I am paying $.30 cents per hour for using medical benefit. So, why not add it directly to my paystub? UPS doesn't pay on time even if the premium if I remember correctly, $55 per person?

The .70 per hour for pension, on the other hand, can look like a Ponzi scheme, but then again, we can accuse Social Security that same accusation.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
There may be a lot of RPCD's only working 4 days a week due to "if work is available". How much will UPS try to deliver on the weekend? I think it is a bad idea.
Sunday maybe limited in Rhode Island and other states. Here we get 1.5x all day on a Sunday.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
40 hr guarantee gone too. Buildings with Saturday ground, many drivers won't work on Mondays because the 22.4s did all the work over the weekend.
In our NE supplement, RPCD’s are not subject to a 24 layoff. So as long as workers have the balls to demand their 8, they will get it on the Monday.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
22.4 is too complicated and experimental involving massive language entanglement. If it was simple, we would have this down as quick as looking at the Wage chart.

When enforcing a complicated rule, to produce an evidence will eventually looks circumstantial and disputable leaving backlog in the grievance system.

Adapting is important and useful to go along with the flow. But, the game is only fun until the fun run out then it isn't worth playing at all.
Let's starr with the part where they earn $6 less every hour.

mikejonesjr

Local 162.

Also, the raise is only for existing part timers, so I don't see how that's any different than a catch up raise. And for that matter, how it would diminish the raise in any way if it were given to everyone else?

Here's the real deal assessment. If you are a p/t time employee(newer), you got a win with benefits/rate/new jobs so it is probably yes. If an older p/t, you didn't get anything to vote no because it is the same since you are staying p/t for whatever your reason is(other job/just need benefits, etc). If you are a feeder driver, there is nothing real bad in it for you. If you are package driver, there are some issues and you need to decide if they are bad enough to vote no.
Or in other words there is nothing to vote yes for. Besides you definitely aren't an older pter if you think there is nothing not to like, lol.

5habits100

I got as far as 22.4 don’t get 8 hour requests and had stop stop because I didn’t want to hear anymore lies. Skyler is wrong. He is in the Central and they have 8 hour language which does cover 22.4. He had a representative from his local on both the National and Central that supported and endorsed both. His goofy haired President Bill is committed to running with OByan and Z that is why he isn’t supporting it. It should also be noted that he didn’t say a word when given they opportunity to oppose either. Internet cowboys