The WAR on Women! Lets talk about it!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would agree with you, if I hadn't lived it myself. I don't agree just because 'it was said on' such-and-such. I have personal experience it this. Considering, I worked preload 6.5 years before going FT-unlike the males that were paid more by some sups at 2 different jobs- I would content I have a work ethic that is as good, if not better than them.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would agree with you, if I hadn't lived it myself. I don't agree just because 'it was said on' such-and-such. I have personal experience it this. Considering, I worked preload 6.5 years before going FT-unlike the males that were paid more by some sups at 2 different jobs- I would content I have a work ethic that is as good, if not better than them.
In which case you would have been discriminated against, and thus had recourse. Especially at UPS, pay goes by seniority and job description. I could say when I was a pt sup I was making 26 bucks an hour. I should have started in my driving position at the rate and then progressed, but I quit and was rehired in another center. I was allowed to keep my seniority, but my pay went back to 9.11 an hour and now I was driving 140 miles a day for a 9 dollar job. Was it discrimination, I believe it was , plus they had me at full time, hello. I had waited 8 yrs. They told me that the wait could be 5 yrs, I had to go. 6 mths later the gay guy who replaced me with a gay center manager,at the helm, no offense, just facts, got to go driving. I should have fought it, I left my lifetime home for the dream. Which is now a nightmare. I did it, sucked it up.
Was it fair, absolutely not. Did I do what I should have? Absolutely not. Who is to blame? Me, I was too scared to fight. There was protection in place through the equal rights association, or whatever it is called. But really what power do I have against the big brown machine. Now if you are hourly you had something in mgmt I had zip. So while unfairness does go on, its up to each of us to fight it, and to weigh the cost. I had 2 kids and no big box of money to hold me out in this fight. So I gave in, totally my fault.
I do not atribute this to war on women, I think its war in the marketplace of employment.
But I totally agree with everything been there done that says.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think mine was more on women. The employers were pigs. I have a few recourses and the one I chose at the time(18 or so)was to quit and get a different job. Both times.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think mine was more on women. The employers were pigs. I have a few recourses and the one I chose at the time(18 or so)was to quit and get a different job. Both times.
I thought you were speaking UPS. I would have done the same, as I said, it is up to us to accept lesser pay or leave. If I was digging a ditch and I was new, I would take the less pay until I could keep up with the men. But doing the same job, for less money, No.

moreluck

golden ticket member
War on Women.......

1415mpe.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: War on Women.......

Reneger,

I searched for a thread about women....nothing suitable. I think there will be plenty that needs to be compartmentalized under a women's thread title.
You may think women are 2nd class citizens (as evidenced by your BC behavior), but there are many issues out there that affect women only!!
Now, for future women topics there is a general thread available that isn't just abortion, Julia, etc.

I didn't owe you any kind of explanation.......but as long as you keep addressing me and breaking your vow, you will be Nancy!!

wkmac

Re: War on Women.......

Did this really require a separate thread?

Reneger,

I searched for a thread about women....nothing suitable. I think there will be plenty that needs to be compartmentalized under a women's thread title.
You may think women are 2nd class citizens (as evidenced by your BC behavior), but there are many issues out there that affect women only!!
Now, for future women topics there is a general thread available that isn't just abortion, Julia, etc.

I didn't owe you any kind of explanation.......but as long as you keep addressing me and breaking your vow, you will be Nancy!!

power struggle.jpg
power struggle.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Proud to say I've been a scrub woman all my life and am no stranger to a bucket and scrubbing floors.....on my knees (no mop is good enough)

We keep a clean house and we do it with no hired help................

moreluck

golden ticket member
and that's why I wanted a new thread just titled, "WOMEN".......not War on Women, not Women What Are They Good For, etc................just "Women". Not some topic to be raped by the APE!!

bbsam

Staff member
and that's why I wanted a new thread just titled, "WOMEN".......not War on Women, not Women What Are They Good For, etc................just "Women". Not some topic to be raped by the APE!!

Raped by th Ape?! I thought those movies were outlawed.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes. Time has been supplanted by "News of the World", "The Enquirer", and online by Weasel Zippers. And gays getting married is a sign of cultural demise?

klein

Für Meno :)
Canada edges up State of the World's Moms ranking

Canada has moved up a notch this year in Save the Children's 13th State of the World's Mothers report, thanks to improvements in parental leave policies.

The ranking, which compares 165 countries, looks at factors such as:

• mother's health
  • women's education
  • women's economic status
  • child health
  • child nutrition

The United States, meanwhile, ranks last in the only economically advanced countries – and one of just a handful of countries worldwide – where employers are not required to provide any paid maternity leave after a woman gives birth. As well, only about 35 per cent of babies are being breastfed exclusively at 3 months.