They are taking FT drivers OT

F

Frankie's Friend

That’s where I come in
Now you did it.
You've been elected to the safety co chair job and will be expected to be on the safety call tomorrow morning.
BFEC30C8-C4FF-4077-8CBC-EBFE4883E49D.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

Not sure why you can’t tell anyone what you do at ups... it can be in general terms and nobody is going to find out who you are... not sure what you are trying to hide...as far as anyone knows you could be a FedEx supervisor trying to stir the pot or just some attention whore down in his moms basement having conversations with your brown cafe “besties”...
There's a security issue with divulging that info.
The North Koreans are just waiting to tap into the info at hand.

Daf

Actually it is not. It is actually more of an introduction of a part time package car driver class that is in combo with other jobs to make it s full time job.

I don't see why part time combo drivers should make the same as a Regular Package Car Driver.
If they only drive part of the time I would completely agree with you.
The problem is that a lot of us see things like this get mismanaged on purpose to the benefit of the center manager. I do NOT trust management to do the right thing. I believe these “combo” drivers will be used and abused as lower paid full time drivers and will not see much inside work.

F

Frankie's Friend

Edit...
Good thing you tested me now. After I lose all my overtime I will be too poor to pay even for attention.

browned out

Once again; I ask for a few simple answers to a few very simple questions.

If the Hoffa/Taylor team really cares about the excessive overtime issue; why are they sentencing the new 22.4 drivers to a life of no 9.5 protection?

Does the Hoffa/Taylor/UPS team actually think the 22.4 drivers will not have the same concerns re: excessive overtime that current FT package car drivers have?

Does the Hoffa/Taylor team believe this new class of hybrid drivers will not want to spend time with their families, watch their kids football games and recitals, etc?

The new 22.4 drivers are not robots or even cyborgs. They are hybrids. They have feelings, aches and pains, etc. They are human beings. They are made of flesh and bones just like the rest of us.

This can be easily addressed and fixed..... and everyone gets to the most important stop of the day after working a reasonable amount of hours; has enough time to eat with the family, spend some more quality time with the family and get 7-8 hours sleep.

Offer all available OT and Extra Work to those who want it. Put it in writing in the contract. Offer OT and Extra Work 1st to Full Time Package Car Drivers. Offer it 2nd to Air Drivers. And then to the new 22.4 combo 2nd class(due to Hoffa/Taylor) hybrid under-paid drivers. If staffing needs are not met; Force in reverse.

Anything less that language leads everyone to the obvious conclusion that the Hoffa/Taylor team is colluding with UPS. If that is the case; it will be easy to prove to the hard working UPSers and more importantly to the NLRB that a bad faith negotiation is what has taken place. Tick-tock Tick-tock The bell rings soon in the form of a Contract Negotiated in Bad Faith issue and an NLRB complaint if these pertinent issues are not addressed. Lets hope and pray that our Hoffa/Taylor team who are paid by us will have addressed these issues. I cautiously believe they will.

What a disgrace.

The amount of language from this CBA that has been sporadically released and cherry picked is an insult to our intelligence.

OT is not the problem. Excessive OT is an issue and no one is denying that. Why solve the problem with more excessive OT?

Broken record....Offer the OT to those that want it. 1st to RPCDs then to Air Drivers then to 22.4s.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Negotiations are not yet completed. there are still one more round to go in a couple weeks. As far as the 9.5 and the harassment goes, let me ask you a genuine question. What is actually in it for me to tell you right here right now? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but what do I have to gain by telling you any more? The constant bitching and keyboard warriors acting like fools kinda turns me off. I"m not implying you are one of these people, as a matter of fact you have been okay to joust with. Answer my question and maybe I'll respond. Either way, what will happen will happen.
How is it possible to have an agreement if they are still negotiating? But that’s another story. If you answer my question honestly, I think you would twart a lot of keyboard warriors and speculation artists. What’s in it for you? Are you a Teamster? A bigger question would be, what’s in it for you by keeping it a secret? I think you could be an asset to smoothing out the “vote no” people that are close to the line. I see zero benifit in withholding the agreed upon information for another 2 weeks?

Last edited:

wide load

I’ll answer it then. Take it for what you want. No more having to jump through hoops to get on 9.5 list. All pkg car drivers can opt onto , or out of 9.5 list. (Not the newly created “hybrid drivers “ ) the union will provide this list of drivers to the company.
If you are violated, with you have to grieve for the monetary abatement?

Tony Q

How is it possible to have an agreement if they are still negotiating? But that’s another story. If you answer my question honestly, I think you would twart a lot of keyboard warriors and speculation artists. What’s in it for you? Are you a Teamster? A bigger question would be, what’s in it for you by keeping it a secret? I think you could be an asset to smoothing out the “vote no” people that are close to the line. I see zero benifit in withholding the agreed upon information for another 2 weeks?
Alright, we’ll start with the 9.5. Everyone gets on the list. No questions asked. Your steward or Ba can place you on the list. The 22.4 language also gets you on the list as well. If you want your overtime you will also be able to get that as well. The harassment will have a monetary penalty. Finally something that can make the company pay for there transgressions. The management employee will also have to be at all steps of the grievance procedure, which has another cost affixed to it. There you go Mr. Persistence.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Alright, we’ll start with the 9.5. Everyone gets on the list. No questions asked. Your steward or Ba can place you on the list. The 22.4 language also gets you on the list as well. If you want your overtime you will also be able to get that as well. The harassment will have a monetary penalty. Finally something that can make the company pay for there transgressions. The management employee will also have to be at all steps of the grievance procedure, which has another cost affixed to it. There you Mr. Persistence.
Ups is about to lose billions in grievances if we get paid for harassment!

wide load

Alright, we’ll start with the 9.5. Everyone gets on the list. No questions asked. Your steward or Ba can place you on the list. The 22.4 language also gets you on the list as well. If you want your overtime you will also be able to get that as well. The harassment will have a monetary penalty. Finally something that can make the company pay for there transgressions. The management employee will also have to be at all steps of the grievance procedure, which has another cost affixed to it. There you Mr. Persistence.
And we just became closer because of this information. I appreciate it. The beauty of sharing this information is, nothing is going to happen to either of us for you sharing and me learning. But I seriously do appreciate you going the extra step for me. You just went up a notch in my book... that puts you at notch 1. Lol I’m just messing. Again, you seriously broke a barrier today with me. Nice job.

CitizenTruth

Full-time drivers are only guaranteed up to 40 hours and that is under the condition that. " if the work is available".

While Hybrid drivers are not allowed to be under the protection of the 9.5 rule. That should tell you right there where all the overtime will go.

The vast majority of full-time drivers do not mind some overtime. Some are using the overtime to put their kids through college, have large families that need to support, or want to retire early, etc.

Why should a hybrid driver have the 1st right to all the overtime?

If you like overtime; you can count on losing $ 25000 to $35,000 or more per year.

This language could easily be adjusted to protect the current full-time drivers who want overtime and full-time drivers who don't.

As this language stands, the overtime pay they take from drivers who want it is going to subsidize a large portion of the new hybrids drivers pay.
How about providing a decent wage so we don't need overtime? Why should anyone need more than 40 hours a week to provide for their family

Tony Q

And we just became closer because of this information. I appreciate it. The beauty of sharing this information is, nothing is going to happen to either of us for you sharing and me learning. But I seriously do appreciate you going the extra step for me. You just went up a notch in my book... that puts you at notch 1. Lol I’m just messing. Again, you seriously broke a barrier today with me. Nice job.
Yeah, well hopefully you are there when I get fitted with cement shoes and I’m heading to the river. Props on a web site only go so far!

CitizenTruth

Not to be obtuse but if 22.4 drivers are able to do on straight time work that was once overtime then it is obviously no longer overtime.

It seems like a win/win to me.

Reduction in excessive overtime.

Increased full-time opportunities for part-time work force.

IMO
The part-time work force does deserve increased opportunity.
Forget the 22.4 just bid the weekend work and the overtime, problem solved

browned out

OT protection is already in place and has been enforced. Taking all rights to OT from the FT driver was never requested by the drivers. Yet; that is what we get?

The Hoffa/Taylor team wants to portray that eliminating OT was a major issue to the Full Time Package Car Driver.

If that was the case; it would be very easy to verify.

This could be accomplished with little effort. UPS and the Teamsters both have the data.

What percentage of drivers company wide are on the 9.5 list?

I think a generous estimate on that number would be would be 20%. It is more realistically about 10% It is absolutely far below 50%. No doubt.

OT to those who want it is the only language that makes any sense. While it may not make cents or $ to UPS; it is what is best for the entire UPS teamster membership. It is what the company controlled Hoffa/Taylor team should demand.

22.34life

Man any stewards on here see this as a huge headache already,to many classifications.p/t,tcd,22.3,22.4,rpcd.man the language questions and grievances will come down like a rain that never ends.the labor managers are licking their chops and the b.a is covering his ass.