They are taking FT drivers OT

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ups is about to lose billions in grievances if we get paid for harassment!
It won’t be that easy.....I wouldn’t count on it.... but we have to start somewhere.... ups will just start throwing low level sups and managers under the bus.... and force them into retirement like @Dragon .... it will be a win win for ups

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"We are addressing the concerns of the membership"

Makes me think of the Marie Antoinette's response when the peasants complained of not having bread.

1P4Y.gif

But only in the sense of how out of touch they are. Yes, we want relief from excessive OT, and yes, eliminating all OT will address that concern, but that's not what we're asking for.

Their idea of addressing our concerns is like amputating a leg with a chainsaw and no anesthesia, then telling the screaming patient he is just being ungrateful, and that it was the best surgery ever performed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Once again; I ask for a few simple answers to a few very simple questions.

Once again....

Where does the new 22.4 language, say anything about people being forced to bid the job ?

There will be people that want a full-time job.

There is no chance RPCD's are going be restricted to 8 hrs a day.

If you want the overtime, don't sign the 9.5 list.

If you don't want to be a 22.4.... don't bid the job.

It's really that simple.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Yeah, well hopefully you are there when I get fitted with cement shoes and I’m heading to the river. Props on a web site only go so far!
You’ll be fine. Since federal oversight, you don’t need to deal with the mob as much. They all went to other small unions. I kinda with we still had those ties. Sniff, sniff.
Can you tell Taylor to take out “as long as work is available”? This will open up a can of worms. I can see it now. If I show up, I get 8 no matter if there is not a single package in the place.

born2Bwild

What you think 22.4 Dr. Will do for 8 hrs.? Per contract I’m guaranteed 8 hours of work. They could easily withhold work from me in the morning and load them in afternoon truck for hybrids. How can I stop them from doing that? This is UPS we’re talking, they’ll exploit every loop hole to the max

F

Frankie's Friend

Once again....

Where does the new 22.4 language, say anything about people being forced to bid the job ?

If you want the overtime, don't sign the 9.5 list.

If you don't want to be a 22.4.... don't bid the job.

It's really that simple.

-Bug-
Hopefully as "simple" as voting down the cba until the job is taken out of the equation.

From what I read: In centers where they have one weekend route and 50 existing pkg car drivers 12 hybrid jobs can be created eradicating the opportunity for 6 new pkg car jobs in the future.

I'm not buying the tony q (Tokyo Rose) soft peddling.

Show us the language for Art 3 in the CS with the NM and then we'll vote.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You’ll be fine. Since federal oversight, you don’t need to deal with the mob as much. They all went to other small unions. I kinda with we still had those ties. Sniff, sniff.

I almost choked on my coffee. Funny stuff.

Can you tell Taylor to take out “as long as work is available”? This will open up a can of worms. I can see it now. If I show up, I get 8 no matter if there is not a single package in the place.

"Any lesser conditions contained in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum shall be superseded by the conditions contained in this Master Agreement. However, except where specifically stated otherwise in the Master Agreement, nothing in this Master Agreement shall deprive any employee of any superior benefit contained in their Supplement, Rider or Addendum."

What you think a 22.4 will do for 8 hrs.?

Just an educated guess;

Pre-load and deliver that stack of irregs.

And then, relieve the person with an 8-hour request.

Until the company posts a bid for the job.... we really don't know.

-Bug-

born2Bwild

Have they both the company and the union consider the safety side of this? going on the roads to deliver in the morning after preload? They’ll be sleepy, tired and hungry..and driving? This I hope I’m wrong in this because an accident could be very costly to every one.

Have they both the company and the union consider the safety side of this? going on the roads to deliver in the morning after preload? They’ll be sleepy, tired and hungry..and driving? This I hope I’m wrong in this because an accident could be very costly to every one.
What's the difference between that and a driver delivering for 10+ hours?

born2Bwild

Why not dedicate a truck with all the over weight and oversized packages for the 22.4 to deliver? Just a thought. No.. they’re not concerned about our safety just our O/T

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Come on Gumby.
I took Latin in school but that one isn't even in a Greek Lexicon.
Just seeing if you was paying attention.
Goodvyhong yup ager!

If one more of you makes me look up 1 more word there's gonna be hell to pay!

There's no way it would ever be profitable to deliver low density stops on Sunday at $73 an hour straight time and $100+ after 8.
Then deal with that specifically, you do not drop cluster bombs to kill a single rabbit!

Until the company posts a bid for the job.... we really don't know.
There's the rub! The company won't act until after the yes vote and the damage has been done while we have no recourse!

DOK

Full-time drivers are only guaranteed up to 40 hours and that is under the condition that. " if the work is available".

While Hybrid drivers are not allowed to be under the protection of the 9.5 rule. That should tell you right there where all the overtime will go.

The vast majority of full-time drivers do not mind some overtime. Some are using the overtime to put their kids through college, have large families that need to support, or want to retire early, etc.

Why should a hybrid driver have the 1st right to all the overtime?

If you like overtime; you can count on losing $ 25000 to $35,000 or more per year.

This language could easily be adjusted to protect the current full-time drivers who want overtime and full-time drivers who don't.

As this language stands, the overtime pay they take from drivers who want it is going to subsidize a large portion of the new hybrids drivers pay.
How about providing a decent wage so we don't need overtime? Why should anyone need more than 40 hours a week to provide for their family

Such a narrow minded response “why would anyone need more than 40 hours”. Like everyone in the world lives the same life you do, crawl out from under the rock you live, the world isn’t flat.

DOK

Full-time drivers are only guaranteed up to 40 hours and that is under the condition that. " if the work is available".

While Hybrid drivers are not allowed to be under the protection of the 9.5 rule. That should tell you right there where all the overtime will go.

The vast majority of full-time drivers do not mind some overtime. Some are using the overtime to put their kids through college, have large families that need to support, or want to retire early, etc.

If you like overtime; you can count on losing $ 25000 to $35,000 or more per year.

This language could easily be adjusted to protect the current full-time drivers who want overtime and full-time drivers who don't.

As this language stands, the overtime pay they take from drivers who want it is going to subsidize a large portion of the new hybrids drivers pay.
How about providing a decent wage so we don't need overtime? Why should anyone need more than 40 hours a week to provide for their family
OT protection is already in place and has been enforced. Taking all rights to OT from the FT driver was never requested by the drivers. Yet; that is what we get?

The Hoffa/Taylor team wants to portray that eliminating OT was a major issue to the Full Time Package Car Driver.

If that was the case; it would be very easy to verify.

This could be accomplished with little effort. UPS and the Teamsters both have the data.

What percentage of drivers company wide are on the 9.5 list?

I think a generous estimate on that number would be would be 20%. It is more realistically about 10% It is absolutely far below 50%. No doubt.

OT to those who want it is the only language that makes any sense. While it may not make cents or $ to UPS; it is what is best for the entire UPS teamster membership. It is what the company controlled Hoffa/Taylor team should demand.

I agree here. I think 4 ppl in my center of 53 drivers is on the list, thinks aren’t really that out of hand with OT in my center though.
Also, they already do take OT off us. The dispatcher will move 15 easy town stops off of me and give it to the neighboring route to even out our dispatch. I asked what’s the difference if we both have 9 hours now or he could’ve left those on me and I would’ve had 9.5 and he’d have an 8.5, it averages the same as far as the centers dispatch goes. The other driver wants a lower assign as well, I would take the extra half hour. The dispatcher said it’s to make everyone “in range” and the drivers can do nothing about it.

DOK

OT protection is already in place and has been enforced. Taking all rights to OT from the FT driver was never requested by the drivers. Yet; that is what we get?

The Hoffa/Taylor team wants to portray that eliminating OT was a major issue to the Full Time Package Car Driver.

If that was the case; it would be very easy to verify.

This could be accomplished with little effort. UPS and the Teamsters both have the data.

What percentage of drivers company wide are on the 9.5 list?

I think a generous estimate on that number would be would be 20%. It is more realistically about 10% It is absolutely far below 50%. No doubt.

OT to those who want it is the only language that makes any sense. While it may not make cents or $ to UPS; it is what is best for the entire UPS teamster membership. It is what the company controlled Hoffa/Taylor team should demand.

What you think 22.4 Dr. Will do for 8 hrs.? Per contract I’m guaranteed 8 hours of work. They could easily withhold work from me in the morning and load them in afternoon truck for hybrids. How can I stop them from doing that? This is UPS we’re talking, they’ll exploit every loop hole to the max

Or better yet take your morning work off of you and have the hybrid deliver your morning work and your airs since they’re just coming off the preload and then you can start at 11:30am, how’s that sound? You could punch out at 8:30 pm with a straight 8 hours, or 9pm if you’d like a little OT.

CoolStoryBro

If the Hoffa/Taylor team really cares about the excessive overtime issue; why are they sentencing the new 22.4 drivers to a life of no 9.5 protection?

These negotiations are addressing the concerns of current full time drivers. despite there being more part timers than full timers. Part timers don't vote. Therefore the negotiators are not concerned with part time needs or concerns. Future 22.4 drivers are current part timers.

Light

Then pay the FT wages. All this is, is a two tier pay scale in disguise.
I am a new driver off the street and got hired in june I am in the mid west however they put me in preload I am wondering if they are keeping me there until august so they can put me on the new contract no the old contract
anyone have an insight