Things I've Missed Out On, Because I'm a UPS'er.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
What a waste of a thread. Everyone who has ever worn the browns (and the people who supervise full-time) knew exactly what the job was about when they took it. If they didn't, shame on them for not noticing UPS trucks on the road all hours of the day, 6 days a week.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What a waste of a thread. Everyone who has ever worn the browns (and the people who supervise full-time) knew exactly what the job was about when they took it. If they didn't, shame on them for not noticing UPS trucks on the road all hours of the day, 6 days a week.
More like, what a waste of a post!

Oh, and by the way....................................TADA!!!

Hey, NameWitheld, ever take the time to do one of these???

Emilia%20Braid.jpg

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're gonna have to clue me in on what you're getting at here. Not sure what that picture has to do with anything.

Steve is going through a divorce, is on a new route, has had late air, is rushing through his pickups, been accused of road rage and is trying to get done as early as possible so that he can, among other things, braid his daughter's hair.

You should be up to speed now.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve is going through a divorce, is on a new route, has had late air, is rushing through his pickups, been accused of road rage and is trying to get done as early as possible so that he can, among other things, braid his daughter's hair.

You should be up to speed now.
LOL, that was the comic book edition of my life.

Thanks, Upstate. I was really wondering what the guy was trying to get at when he posted a picture of a young child.
Apparently you don't have children, a wife or any family, for that matter, or better yet, that DO matter. My daughter, in the aforementioned picture, needed Dad to spend more time with her, so instead of plopping her in front of the TV, or making her busy doing anything else, we had FACE time. You know, where you sit down and actually spend time (quality time), you being you and she being her.

In the event that you ever get a family, may I suggest this as an idea?

Oh, and yes, I am talking to you in THAT sort of tone!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
LOL, that was the comic book edition of my life.

Apparently you don't have children, a wife or any family, for that matter, or better yet, that DO matter. My daughter, in the aforementioned picture, needed Dad to spend more time with her, so instead of plopping her in front of the TV, or making her busy doing anything else, we had FACE time. You know, where you sit down and actually spend time (quality time), you being you and she being her.

In the event that you ever get a family, may I suggest this as an idea?

Oh, and yes, I am talking to you in THAT sort of tone!

I have a happy wife, a happy daughter, and another on the way. You can talk to me in any tone you so desire, the fact remains that we do the same job, and if you can't deal with what our job requires, find a new career or turn off the tears and brown up. Peace.

Re-Raise

How is this a waste of a thread? Steve is dealing with something that many drivers at my center also deal with. The demands of the job are making it tough to spend the time he would like to with his kids.

We have several drivers at my center who are divorced with children. I don't mind taking extra work on the days they need to get home early. I am lucky enough to see my kids every night, some are not.

Don't go running off at the mouth to Steve, a lot of us here have his back and it just makes you look like a jerk.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Just a few years ago I was averaging 4-5 hours overtime a week. These hours were reasonable and expected. These last two years has seen it creep up to between 9-12 a week. Those were peak hours when I started! Glad I am as old as I am. Would hate to be just starting out in this company.

Just a few years ago I was averaging 4-5 hours overtime a week. These hours were reasonable and expected. These last two years has seen it creep up to between 9-12 a week. Those were peak hours when I started! Glad I am as old as I am. Would hate to be just starting out in this company.

Guys in the third world country of minimum wage would beg to differ.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have a happy wife, a happy daughter, and another on the way. You can talk to me in any tone you so desire, the fact remains that we do the same job, and if you can't deal with what our job requires, find a new career or turn off the tears and brown up. Peace.
LOL @ tears. I set my priorites, and you have set yours.

Doesnt sound like peace to me.... You da man Steve... you still my bro

How is this a waste of a thread? Steve is dealing with something that many drivers at my center also deal with. The demands of the job are making it tough to spend the time he would like to with his kids.

We have several drivers at my center who are divorced with children. I don't mind taking extra work on the days they need to get home early. I am lucky enough to see my kids every night, some are not.

Don't go running off at the mouth to Steve, a lot of us here have his back and it just makes you look like a jerk.
Thanks t24 and Re-Raise, much appreciated!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I like this thread. A good wage doesn't give UPS the right to assume that people don't have a family to get home to and spend time with.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Again, everyone who takes this job knows what it entails. You will miss certain holidays, you will get in late sometimes, you will be tired at the end of the day. Crying about it won't garner any sympathy from me, especially when a phone call is all it takes to get the day off. I make time the for my kid, my father worked a 65 hour week when I was growing up and he made it work for me and my brother and sister, too. Indulge him if you want, I'm not interested in it. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it. I've been called worse by better anyway.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Just the opposite for me. Thankfully mgmnt hasn't noticed yet.

bigbrownhen

Withheld: Imagine spending time with your kids if you were divorced. No wife at home to take care of those little things you take foregranted...picking them up from school/daycare, bath, homework, dinner. All that is on you after work. Is your dinner cooked when you get home? All you have to do is change clothes, clean up a bit, and sit down with the family? Having a spouse at home to do those things for you makes a big difference. My hubby used to work the 3-11 shift, now he works days. There is alot less stress added to my day worring how late I would be picking up our daughter from the sitter and going through the evening routine before 10pm.

This site is an opportunity to vent out the stresses of working for UPS. We all know what the job is, there is a unique understanding among us. We get it.....most people don't.

Steve is going through a tough time recently.....I for one will be here to cheer him up a little if I can, as I would for anyone else on here if needed.