Things I've Missed Out On, Because I'm a UPS'er.

Re-Raise

Suet ? Had to look that one up because I plan on using it the next time I am stuck with bad letters in Scrabble.

Wow I just noticed my 1000th post is about Scrabble.

Hi my name is Re-Raise and I have a Browncafe problem.

over9five

Staff member
Suet ? Had to look that one up because I plan on using it the next time I am stuck with bad letters in Scrabble.

Only 1000 posts???? Rookie!

brownedout

Had my 5 year-old, pre-k boy remind me last week, before Mother's Day Tea at his daycare; that I have not been to either of the past two Father's Day events they held. Boy why don't you just pick up a tire iron, and wail me over the head. That hurt! Evidently, it hurt him more. I guess I'll be working a 4 day week, week before Father's Day. With STUG's bad news, I'm not missing this one. His Pop-pop had gone in my place, and his mother and I felt as long as he had someone there he would be alright with it. What do we know? Sorry kiddo, thanks for the wake up slap.

bigbrownhen

I also have a five year old. Their perspective is amazing. My daughter told me the other day that she wished I could stay home with her everyday. This was Monday morning after I had been on vacation the week before. I just explained that I would love to, but we also have to work to pay for our house, cars, food and such. She is a smart little cookie, and understands. I make sure to take a little time out of the nightly routine to just chit chat about our day.

As for the Father's Day thing, sounds like a great reason to use a vacation day. It will make his day(and yours). Little moments like that are priceless.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hope after 23 years she won't , I am thankful for all she does to keep this house together & the things she has put up with from me being a UPS guy for 22 yrs. She often felt like a single mom,but she is strong and a great mom & wife. I am a lucky guy STUG and I know it. I'm sorry the way things turned out for you.At least those beautiful little girls love you I can see from the pictures the kind of dad you are and how they must worship you !! Carry on soldier !!!!
Thanks Cove, oh, and props to Mrs Cove for being the wonderful person that she is. I hope she knows we're coming up to the lake house this July ; )

Welcome to the Brown Cafe recovery program, only 10,000 more posts to go.

Had my 5 year-old, pre-k boy remind me last week, before Mother's Day Tea at his daycare; that I have not been to either of the past two Father's Day events they held. Boy why don't you just pick up a tire iron, and wail me over the head. That hurt! Evidently, it hurt him more. I guess I'll be working a 4 day week, week before Father's Day. With STUG's bad news, I'm not missing this one. His Pop-pop had gone in my place, and his mother and I felt as long as he had someone there he would be alright with it. What do we know? Sorry kiddo, thanks for the wake up slap.
I'm glad you listened. I hope the pain of that "tire iron" never goes away.

I also have a five year old. Their perspective is amazing. My daughter told me the other day that she wished I could stay home with her everyday. This was Monday morning after I had been on vacation the week before. I just explained that I would love to, but we also have to work to pay for our house, cars, food and such. She is a smart little cookie, and understands. I make sure to take a little time out of the nightly routine to just chit chat about our day.

As for the Father's Day thing, sounds like a great reason to use a vacation day. It will make his day(and yours). Little moments like that are priceless.
I'm a total bbh fan!