Thinking about joining the union

705red

Browncafe Steward
The reason unions are on the decline is that they will throw a junior guy under the bus. The senior guys think ONLY of THEMSELVES and will sell out the junior members and guys who aren't even union members yet.

Can you explain what you mean? The senior guy has seniority and is allowed to pick vacation, bid routes and even go home on an RLO over a junior guy, but none of that is eeling them out. Most of my senior guys do not want to work more than 8 hours a day, its the junior guys that run, skip lunch and cut corners, thank god that they have the union to get them out of trouble when they get caught up.

tieguy

Banned
Why dont you just tell him how much you make a year as a management employee in union company. that way we can show how us being union actually benefits management quite a bit compared to lets say the same job at Fedex, DHL or USPS.

why not tell him how much hoffa makes a year. How about the various business agents that collect two or three paychecks on the backs of the working men and women of the union. Dude Sorry about the bruise between your eyes but you walked into that shot.

705red

Browncafe Steward
why not tell him how much hoffa makes a year. How about the various business agents that collect two or three paychecks on the backs of the working men and women of the union. Dude Sorry about the bruise between your eyes but you walked into that shot.

Or your boss Davis who went from $2 million to over $6 million per year just as you where taking a pay freeze, losing your 401k match, were put in to a worse medical plan, etc but dont forget to donate to the united way! So really whos more corrupt? This is the best relationship UPS and a union has ever had, but the honeymoon is nearing the end.

tieguy

Banned
Or your boss Davis who went from $2 million to over $6 million per year just as you where taking a pay freeze, losing your 401k match, were put in to a worse medical plan, etc but dont forget to donate to the united way! So really whos more corrupt? This is the best relationship UPS and a union has ever had, but the honeymoon is nearing the end.

Thats the best you can come up with? Attack the CEO that runs the company that supplies 400,000 jobs or attack the united way which helps many disadvantaged americans and is supported by the teamsters union?

what is it an 85 year honeymoon? The union wife has gotten but ugly and wrinkled up and still complains when she has to put out. At this point she can barely make it to the bathroom without falling down. She has long stopped serving any useful purpose. There are many younger prettier government agencies that do a lot more for the corporate husband and its workers.
So now the ugly old wrinkled dooche bag union wife is threatening to leave. Honey don't let the door hit you in your wrinkled ass on the way out.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thats the best you can come up with? Attack the CEO that runs the company that supplies 400,000 jobs or attack the united way which helps many disadvantaged americans and is supported by the teamsters union?

what is it an 85 year honeymoon? The union wife has gotten but ugly and wrinkled up and still complains when she has to put out. At this point she can barely make it to the bathroom without falling down. She has long stopped serving any useful purpose. There are many younger prettier government agencies that do a lot more for the corporate husband and its workers.
So now the ugly old wrinkled dooche bag union wife is threatening to leave. Honey don't let the door hit you in your wrinkled ass on the way out.

WOW, dude, I see a fitness for duty test coming your way real soon. Put down the crack pipe and get some help!

wannabeups

Can you explain what you mean? The senior guy has seniority and is allowed to pick vacation, bid routes and even go home on an RLO over a junior guy, but none of that is eeling them out. Most of my senior guys do not want to work more than 8 hours a day, its the junior guys that run, skip lunch and cut corners, thank god that they have the union to get them out of trouble when they get caught up.

Yes but seniority doesn't mean anything when you are in the hub. The contract was negotiated so that when the junior guys go back in the hub they is a HUGE pay cut. If a senior guy gets sent back he doesn't take one. The Union doesn't do a good job of planning for the future they only think about the here in now.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yes but seniority doesn't mean anything when you are in the hub. The contract was negotiated so that when the junior guys go back in the hub they is a HUGE pay cut. If a senior guy gets sent back he doesn't take one. The Union doesn't do a good job of planning for the future they only think about the here in now.

Sorry to correct you, but here anyone that goes back in the hub due to a lay off keeps theiir full time pay rate, and absolutely seniority means a lot when your in the hub.

RLO means requested lay off, which is nothing more than a day off during the week.

wannabeups

Sorry to correct you, but here anyone that goes back in the hub due to a lay off keeps theiir full time pay rate, and absolutely seniority means a lot when your in the hub.

RLO means requested lay off, which is nothing more than a day off during the week.

ROFLMFAO, it don't mean a thing where I am. Our union reps told me/us to be glad to get what we are getting

705red

Browncafe Steward
ROFLMFAO, it don't mean a thing where I am. Our union reps told me/us to be glad to get what we are getting

That language is new to us in this last contract, maybe if you guys would not have settled a year early it would make a diference to you. See what happens when you wait patiently until the last day.

wannabeups

That language is new to us in this last contract, maybe if you guys would not have settled a year early it would make a diference to you. See what happens when you wait patiently until the last day.

Don't lump me in with those guys. I hear hall is the guilty party.