This year's raises

McFeely

Huge Member
Wait. Just realized my manager is a :censored2:. Well, I knew this already.

Anyway, this sheet says "effective Oct 2, 2016". So pretty much ignore everything I just said tonight. I've been drinking and my manager printed out the steps from last year. FedEx may actually still go with that, however.

MAKAVELI

Wait. Just realized my manager is a :censored2:. Well, I knew this already.

Anyway, this sheet says "effective Oct 2, 2016". So pretty much ignore everything I just said tonight. I've been drinking and my manager printed out the steps from last year. FedEx may actually still go with that, however.
Salut my brotha.:happy2:

Oldfart

So on topic (yeah I know, who DOES that?)...

My manager put a memo in my mailbox this week detailing my October raise. On the sheet it only lists the step increase, no additional increase above what was rolled out last year.

The good thing for me is this year it's a 5.39% raise vs. last year's 3.5%.

Looks like most everybody gets ~5.4% this year, except OldFart. He gets 3.99%. Bummer.
Wow, people making less than me getting a bigger raise than me. All the whiners got their wish. Too bad that won't make you happy. You will cry and whine about something else next. It is what you do best.

Oldfart

Do you even see the irony?

As long as I get my top of range pay for a year or so, I will be fine. I am curious what happens to people once they hit the top but I won't be around too long after that to find out. Unlike tex and others on here, I won't spend my days worrying about what happened after after I leave. Just isn't worth it.

Oldfart

So there will be a time when you quit posting here? Oh praise the lawd!
If reading a post from someone that likes their job and is content with the opportunities Fedex has provided for me and my family offends you so much, why don't you put me on your ignore list?

BootsOnTarmac

Just for fun.

If the step plan this year moves everyone up a step, everyone will move to the next step, meaning a raise including Member oldfart advancing to step 10. The big question is whether current step 10 people will get a raise or stay at the 2016 step. If the current step 10 people get a raise, will that increase the percentage of the 1-9 steps? The step plan is pure genius on FedEx's part. When the FY 17 step plan chart shows up on the "Pay Actions" section on the HR site, then we will know.

Yomama11

Back to the original question about raises and upping swings pay, apparently nothing was said in the email about swings so the lie detector determined all that talk about doing something extra for swings was a lie.

Oldfart

Back to the original question about raises and upping swings pay, apparently nothing was said in the email about swings so the lie detector determined all that talk about doing something extra for swings was a lie.
Swings/RTD/Dispatchers on step 10 are getting 3%. You expect more?

Oldfart

Shares of the company, often considered a bellwether for the U.S. economy as are those of rival United Parcel Service Inc, dipped more than 2 percent in after-hours trading.
213.00 is still a nice price. $3 drop on earnings release day isn't bad. That happens many days when earnings are strong. Hard to predict what the market will do. Many people have tried and lots of them failed.

bacha29

I saw 216 as of yesterday, and now trading at 220.64
Despite missing earnings by a whopping 0.58 per share and much lower guidance the stock is still strong. It would appear that traders are accepting their claim that it was attributable to a one off event (TNT) but published reports say that the board is under investigation for possible securities violation but that's nothing out of the ordinary In the meantime as long as it continues to trade at around 20X earnings owners of this semi speculative stock should be in good shape. On the other hand I bought shares in AWR. At this stage of my life I should not be chasing after every stock that is hot at that particular moment especially today when a stock is held for an average of 3 minutes.

Oldfart

Despite missing earnings by a whopping 0.58 per share and much lower guidance the stock is still strong. It would appear that traders are accepting their claim that it was attributable to a one off event (TNT) but published reports say that the board is under investigation for possible securities violation but that's nothing out of the ordinary In the meantime as long as it continues to trade at around 20X earnings owners of this semi speculative stock should be in good shape. On the other hand I bought shares in AWR. At this stage of my life I should not be chasing after every stock that is hot at that particular moment especially today when a stock is held for an average of 3 minutes.
What he said