Those customers you wanna strangle

Indecisi0n

Yep had one today. Huge ass company with a 100 docks. You have to go to security just to find out which one to go to. The rent a cop says "uhhh not sure if we're accepting ups/fedex today. Let me call receiving." Gets on the phone with him and says he just stepped out come back in 5 minutes. I'm like ok whatever. Go make another delivery or two and come back. Security guy hands me the phone and the receiving clown tells me "Yeh we're not accepting UPS today. I told the driver this all week." Really? You couldn't tell me this the first time around? No problem pal. I'll sheet all your crap closed holiday making easy double time money.
Sounds like refused to me.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yep had one today. Huge ass company with a 100 docks. You have to go to security just to find out which one to go to. The rent a cop says "uhhh not sure if we're accepting ups/fedex today. Let me call receiving." Gets on the phone with him and says he just stepped out come back in 5 minutes. I'm like ok whatever. Go make another delivery or two and come back. Security guy hands me the phone and the receiving clown tells me "Yeh we're not accepting UPS today. I told the driver this all week." Really? You couldn't tell me this the first time around? No problem pal. I'll sheet all your crap closed holiday making easy double time money.
Come back in 5 minutes? I would have sheeted tham as closed holiday then and there lol.

One time on a Friday I was delivering to Target and I rang their buzzer for a solid 2 minutes and finally someone came to the door. He wouldnt let me in to open the dock door and he said I would have to come back in 15 minutes because the guy who works receiving was on his break. HE WAS ON BREAK AT 8:30 IN THE MORNING! I told the guy that he signs for the stuff now or they get the crap on Monday. He refused so I left. The little green light came on saying I had to reattempt Target, but didnt say when. I ended up pre recording all the packages and pulling back to their dock at 4:58 just in case I had to put them as closed real fast lol

Geo926

Come back in 5 minutes? I would have sheeted tham as closed holiday then and there lol.

Actually he told me to wait 5 minutes and I said I'd be back. I had other deliveries right down the same road. What's even worse is this place has to have 4 hard speed bumps coming in and out. Feel like you're off roading going over them.

tourists24

would've just been RTS here.... refused

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to hate delivering to a new building construction site. No one ever wanted to sign for anything. I got so the first time I had a delivery I would make it a point to hunt down whoever was in charge of the project and tell them that from that time on I would pull into their site--lay on the horn--wait 5 minutes max and if no one came to my truck see ya the next day. Some would even sign a stack of delivery notices for me.

Geo926

that's fine... not my decision at that point. Whether to RTS or put as Closed is. To me RTS is more accurate since the company wasn't closed given the scenario presented

Actually you can blame us as well because if dispatch had listened to the regular driver, it never would have been on the truck in the first place.

tourists24

Customers refuse packages, not drivers.
True.... but the driver has to enter it into the board. The business was not closed and they refused to sign for it. I suppose Future may be appropriate depending; as long as I can justify my decision truthfully then Im ok with it

Overpaid Union Thug

I would have said now or they'll have to wait until the next work day. And after being told they aren't accepting any packages until next week the proper thing to do would be to future them for then. But sheeting as refused sure would have felt good.