Thursday ORION Delusions

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I can't wait till I get Orion. I will follow it 100% right off the face of a cliff if need be. I love to work stupid and make 33/50$ to do so.

No you won't. You can't. Nobody can. Not until they figure how to load in ORION order that is. Even then, miles might go up if you have to drive for bathrooms, lunch spot, and pickups.

No you won't. You can't. Nobody can. Not until they figure how to load in ORION order that is. Even then, miles might go up if you have to drive for bathrooms, lunch spot, and pickups.
When we got pas/ed I was part of a group of guys that followed it 100% for years. It was hilarious. They eventually instructed us to stop. We called corporate and had the local grieve it and send letters. Don't tell me I won't. I'm a zealot with these types of situations.

Z

ZQXC

Let the damn miles go up; that's how you expose the failure that is Orion.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I have had a few rides with supervisors telling me how I have to get my Orion numbers up. However they all have agreed that it is a mess.

I have now been told to only follow Orion when it makes sense, since is NEVER makes sense I just turn it off to start my day and go on and do my job.

Actually was at a wedding and my OC was at the same wedding and we got to talking, booze is a wonderful thing. He admitted they all know it is a total mess but they are being beating up by the higher ups to make it work.

I can't wait for it to be brought here just to see how the R&Gers act. I have a feeling they won't like it.
It will be a flavor of the month for a little while. Then it will go by the wayside for say peak. Then it will come back for a while then go away again. Repeat this cycle for a little while results vary by area than no one cares at all. If you've been around ups long enough you have seen it happen time and time again.

Borderline 9.5

If this street isn't a dead end, then it's a straight shot down to the end, and then a left or right lol

That's right, so why doesn't orion recognize this and have me delivering all six at the same time. Which is what I did anyway because while looking for the first two I found the other four. I didn't even know I had them as they were further down in my edd. We now get orion 1 minute before the pcm so browsing though edd is not going to happen.

FilingBluesFL

That's right, so why doesn't orion recognize this and have me delivering all six at the same time. Which is what I did anyway because while looking for the first two I found the other four. I didn't even know I had them as they were further down in my edd. We now get orion 1 minute before the pcm so browsing though edd is not going to happen.

Just wait until you have a business getting a NDA, and then at the end of the day you have to go back there again, and they yell and scream at you because people have been calling all day about the item that you are just now delivering at the end.

ORION loves to make you go back somewhere more than once. One time, it had me going to a business first thing in the morning, delivering ONE ground package, and then going back sometime later to deliver all their NDA Savers.

It's amazing:anxious:

oldngray

nowhere special
Just wait until you have a business getting a NDA, and then at the end of the day you have to go back there again, and they yell and scream at you because people have been calling all day about the item that you are just now delivering at the end.

ORION loves to make you go back somewhere more than once. One time, it had me going to a business first thing in the morning, delivering ONE ground package, and then going back sometime later to deliver all their NDA Savers.

It's amazing:anxious:

Many customers will have 1 package shipped NDA and the rest ground, expecting to get everything delivered early. A legitimate way to save money although there is no guarantee they will get all the packages at the same time. Those people get really pissed if you deliver some of their packages late in day.

degill7994

Some days it will have you at a business first thing in the morning for a next day then later for a next day saver then again at the end of the day for ground. How is this saving miles? One thing I find funny is you can have the same stops in a neighborhood every day of the week and every day Orion will have you deliver them in a different order.

Sent using BrownCafe App

FilingBluesFL

Many customers will have 1 package shipped NDA and the rest ground, expecting to get everything delivered early. A legitimate way to save money although there is no guarantee they will get all the packages at the same time. Those people get really pissed if you deliver some of their packages late in day.

True, but these guys, every day, get next day air savers delivered, and not just envelopes. boxes upon boxes of fiber optic cable shipped from china or wherever they get them from.

Not to mention the ONLY reason this stop was on my car, was because it was "too bulky" for the regular driver to get... so I was dispatched a 5 mile round trip out of my area first thing in the morning to do it... and then it had me going back later in the day for the savers AFTER delivering the 3 ground out of 21 total packages....

40 stops to freedom

One day I had a route with work in 2 adjacent towns. Orion wanted me to stop what I was doing in one town to go to the other one to deliver one ground package and then come back only to finish then go back again. It was so tempting to do but I couldn't.

undies

They just began tightening the screws, with regards to Orion trace, in the last week or two at my center. Calling people in the office, threats of warning letters. Should be an interesting next couple weeks.

You cannot be written up based on a piece of technology, especially Orion. There is way to tell the percentage of trace while working so it's impossible to tell how you're doing until the next day. Just keep telling them you will try.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That's the other amazing thing...

We used to have a route that did this routes pickups, but in the morning, it would also do the deliveries to this whole industrial park.

But now it's separated... different route delivers... then a different route goes back later in the day to do all the pickups...

HOW THE friend DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE????
Last winter that was me. I was covering a route in one town and was given a retarded dispatch. They cut the deliveries for an entire large industrial park off the driver in the next town over and onto the route i was covering. I was driving through the industrial park making deliveries as another driver was literally driving right behind me doing all the pickups for the same businesses. Every business was either laughing or like wtf as 2 brown trucks drove in tandem in and out of every lot... that's logistics!

Re-Raise

I wish we had some of the people who implemented Orion on here to explain their perceptions of how it has been working out.

I just checked and Pretzel Man hasn't posted on here since Nov. I miss hearing his opinions.

FilingBluesFL

Every business was either laughing or like wtf as 2 brown trucks drove in tandem in and out of every lot... that's logistics!

Yeah, there's some time where they will give one driver an Early AM for a later commit area, and as you're pulling up, there's the regular driver delivering the regular stuff...

Never ceases to amaze me.