Tim S and company embezzlement.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So what's your take on Tim?
Not sure I have a "take" on it yet?

I would like more verifyible information.
I tend not comment on these threads unless there is an IRB report, or the like to read.

Who filed the charges?
Where were they filed?
What exactly are the charges and what is the remedy being sought?
Why now and why wasn't it part of an election protest?

From what I have seen from the hearsay, I question the near $200,000 figure in regards to vacation issues.
What was his annual salary, $2 million?
Aside from that, I'll reserve judgment until I have more facts, which is exactly what is asked of us when other prominent figures are accused of malfeasance.

Explain how Tim S is got all that "unused vacation time" paid when he has been campaigning for his local and the international? If he was campaigning on the members dime that is a big problem! Talk about a hypocrite.

@LagunaBrown, you need to explore the true meaning of "hypocrisy" and explain where I am guilty,..... or not,...... because I doubt anybody was buying it anyway.

If you were calling Tim S a hypocrite if he's found guilty, there will be other labels besides hypocrite that will be more accurate.

Last edited:

Inthegame

Not sure I have a "take" on it yet?

I would like more verifyible information.
I tend not comment on these threads unless there is an IRB report, or the like to read.

Who filed the charges?
Where were they filed?
What exactly are the charges and what is the remedy being sought?
Why now and why wasn't it part of an election protest?
Doesn't fit the criteria for an election protest.
We all want better information but that's not what happens on these threads.

Explain how Tim S is got all that "unused vacation time" paid when he has been campaigning for his local and the international? If he was campaigning on the members dime that is a big problem! Talk about a hypocrite.
With the limited info posted, it is difficult to assess the issue, but pardon me Bubble, here goes...

A quick glance at the LM2's shows about a $20K increase for 11 agents/officers over 2014. Now since the entire e-board lost their positions, earned and accrued vacation time paid out at the end of a term isn't unusual. Any unused 2015 vacation (previously earned) as well as vacation hours accrued in 2015 for 2016 should be paid in full since Tim S and his e-board/agents were voted out and therefore would be unable to take those vacation weeks in 2016, hence the payout.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So campaigning "on the clock" isn't an election charge, in a Local or International election?

It most definitely, is an election charge.

"On the clock" meaning;

Since elected officers and agents are salaried employees, it would mean during the

established business hours of the Local Union.

The only way around it is.... campaigning before or after established hours,

Or, using personal/vacation time. Trying to use "sick" time would be dishonesty.

We all want better information but that's not what happens on these threads. With the limited info posted, it is difficult to assess the issue

ITG hit the nail, on the head.

But.... that doesn't mean we can't discuss or speculate about the issue.

Simple, when there is even a hint of speculative malfeasance on the part of an "old guard" leader, TDU steamrolls the slander truck on a kamikaze mission. BUT, when the shoe is on the other foot it's all "bogus charges", "dirty politics", "baseless facts". If your always gonna accuse someone for having a dirty crib, your house better be spotless.

Food for thought.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You know what he meant.
No, I didn't, that's why I asked.
I never disregard what @Inthegame posts, nor do I take what he writes as gospel.
Is it that big of a concern to you that it was local charges?
It's actually of no concern to me, nor do I know where the charges originated.
You asked for my "take", and I obliged with little to no verifiable information.
I mean it was money from the local, allegedly.
"Alleged" by who???
You post this thread with no links or "proof", then go on a TDU rant???
You really don't see the hypocrisy???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A quick glance at the LM2's shows about a $20K increase for 11 agents/officers over 2014. Now since the entire e-board lost their positions, earned and accrued vacation time paid out at the end of a term isn't unusual. Any unused 2015 vacation (previously earned) as well as vacation hours accrued in 2015 for 2016 should be paid in full since Tim S and his e-board/agents were voted out and therefore would be unable to take those vacation weeks in 2016, hence the payout.
Makes you wonder how @wide load came up with a figure of $200,000 for Tim S???

Also, if they were accruing vacation time in 2015 for 2016, wouldn't that mean that they had no vacation time accrued until after a year in office???....kind of like when we go from part to full time at UPS?

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Also, if they were accruing vacation time in 2015 for 2016, wouldn't that mean that they had no vacation time accrued until after a year in office???....kind of like when we go from part to full time at UPS?
Keep reaching.

wide load

I never disregard what @Inthegame posts, nor do I take what he writes as gospel.

It's actually of no concern to me, nor do I know where the charges originated.
You asked for my "take", and I obliged with little to no verifiable information.

"Alleged" by who???
You post this thread with no links or "proof", then go on a TDU rant???
You really don't see the hypocrisy???
Awwww, you can google can't you?

Inthegame

So campaigning "on the clock" isn't an election charge, in a Local or International election?
You know what he meant. Is it that big of a concern to you that it was local charges? I mean it was money from the local, allegedly.

Bless you my son...
Yes indeed the act of campaigning "on the clock" is forbidden. However, as the wise sage wide load divined, I was responding to the thread title which referred to embezzlement, not election improprieties.
The charges, if there are any preferred, will be from someone from L804 meaning local union charges.
The time limit for any local election charges referencing on the clock campaigning is expired, hence not fitting the criteria.
But if I asked Matthew, Mark, Luke and John they'd agree with Wide, you knew what I meant.

Inthegame

Maybe he's in the game?
You're getting warmer Inspector Clouseau, but I'm guessing the super sleuths at L804 alleging improprieties will do that homework. If not they'll look pretty foolish and may cost the local unnecessary expenses.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bless you my son...
Yes indeed the act of campaigning "on the clock" is forbidden. However, as the wise sage wide load divined, I was responding to the thread title which referred to embezzlement, not election improprieties.
The charges, if there are any preferred, will be from someone from L804 meaning local union charges.
The time limit for any local election charges referencing on the clock campaigning is expired, hence not fitting the criteria.
But if I asked Matthew, Mark, Luke and John they'd agree with Wide, you knew what I meant.
I'm not sure what amused me more, the spinning of my "gospel" reference into your apostles yarn, or the 'oxymoronic' inference that @wide load was somehow wise?

In the end, I was certainly aware of the 48 hour time constraint, from knowledge, to file election charges for "on the clock" campaigning.
Point being why now???....and how did it fly under the radar during two highly contested, protest ridden campaigns?

Are we to believe that Liam somehow missed these obvious infractions during the Local Election?
I doubt it.

Somebody is worried going forward and trying to play from behind in the present.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's your source? Lol
Who's the "old Broad" in the podcast referring to?
You may be worse than TDU.

Here's a good source for your next thread:

Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2
upload_2017-1-17_21-48-28.png

Tim S and "old Broad" received charges. LOL!!!!

Inthegame

In the end, I was certainly aware of the 48 hour time constraint, from knowledge, to file election charges for "on the clock" campaigning.
Hallelujah.
Point being why now???....and how did it fly under the radar during two highly contested, protest ridden campaigns?
The "why now" question is best answered by those preferring charges, the new leadership of L804.
Are we to believe that Liam somehow missed these obvious infractions during the Local Election?
I doubt it.
I don't....after all, he missed the obvious language in his bylaws regarding who gets to initiate work stoppages. His behavior should be an indication that he isn't too sharp.

wide load

Simple, when there is even a hint of speculative malfeasance on the part of an "old guard" leader, TDU steamrolls the slander truck on a kamikaze mission. BUT, when the shoe is on the other foot it's all "bogus charges", "dirty politics", "baseless facts". If your always gonna accuse someone for having a dirty crib, your house better be spotless.

See, I rest my case. I'll add "fake news" next time.

Last edited: