Time Card being tampered with!

kingOFchester

I realize that it is not the dollar and that it is the principle but I still find it comical that everyone involved will spend at least an hour dealing with this.

What ever it takes to make everyone whole. If it is hours being shaved, then it is more time, energy and money spent by UPS to correct a UPS caused problem.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
One day it's 6 minutes, next month it's 7.

The amount isn't the issue, the intent of stealing from the employee is.
Any timecards changed will show up on a report and can be verified.

If I was a steward in that building, I'd be informing fellow workers to keep track of all hours on paper.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
UPS supposedly overpaid me my 0.70 cent wage increase for vacation the week ending August 2nd. My supervisor drove 60 miles out to meet me and asked me to sign a form authorizing them to get reimbursed on the next paycheck. Told him I'm not signing anything until I review my paystubs. Wonder if he will waste his time driving out again in a couple weeks?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Only a maroon would waste time and resources over a 6 minute time card discrepancy. I'll bet you the $1 that the error was on your inability to do basic math.
6 minutes of an employes life he or she can not get back and will not be paid for because it is only 6 minutes times all the employees in USA shorted 6 minutes per paycheck per week some more some less What amount do you think over a period just 1 yeardo you think this saves the company?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I just checked my paycheck for last week on UPSERS and noticed it was 6 mins short. I know FOR CERTAIN what my total hours were last week because I've been keeping track of them since I noticed a discrepancy in my check before.

The PT sups have been under the gun lately about keeping their hours down, that's why I believe they would adjust it by such a small amount, so as to get the hours below a level that would raise a red flag.

I'm filing a grievance right, and I'll be speaking with my shift and building managers tomorrow, but I'm wondering what sort of penalties UPS is responsible for because of such an action.

I'm just completely furious right now.

How do you punch in/out?

Packmule

I just checked my paycheck for last week on UPSERS and noticed it was 6 mins short. I know FOR CERTAIN what my total hours were last week because I've been keeping track of them since I noticed a discrepancy in my check before.

The PT sups have been under the gun lately about keeping their hours down, that's why I believe they would adjust it by such a small amount, so as to get the hours below a level that would raise a red flag.

I'm filing a grievance right, and I'll be speaking with my shift and building managers tomorrow, but I'm wondering what sort of penalties UPS is responsible for because of such an action.

I'm just completely furious right now.
I've had 4 sups suspended for this kind of thing over the years. They all later quit.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
One day it's 6 minutes, next month it's 7.

The amount isn't the issue, the intent of stealing from the employee is.
Any timecards changed will show up on a report and can be verified.

If I was a steward in that building, I'd be informing fellow workers to keep track of all hours on paper.
Put the shoe on the other foot. What would your boss do, if you took 6 mins to return from your 10 minute break? Raise a big stink and let your supervisor know you're pissed and keeping track of your hours. Then file a grievance next time! Find a way to make up the time on this week's check, plus penalty pay.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

And this is how my center would save mega bucks on the preload. They had start times that differed from Monday to the rest of the week. 4:45 Monday, 4:30 the rest of the week. Funny thing the time clock (actually a computer) would always have it as a 4:45. Unfortunately, most PT's had no clue. Every week for months I had to have them manually change my timecard once I caught on.

How long would it take them to fix the issue if I was being over paid four days a week?
I know my sup will change my start time when doing time cards after I punch out so if I was asked to be in 15 mins early they would change it. I've checked to make sure it's been done and they've been true to their word.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Only a maroon would waste time and resources over a 6 minute time card discrepancy. I'll bet you the $1 that the error was on your inability to do basic math.
Only a maroon would allow the company to get away with altering and shorting his time card.

If in fact that is what took place, then he is certainly not the only one in his work group that is being defrauded out of pay, and as a matter of principle the thief who is stealing money from them needs to be confronted and fired.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Part time sups altering time cards to look better on a report is a lot like drivers who falsify their ending mileage to look better on a report. They both think they have discovered a new way to beat the system that no one has ever thought of before.

Ouch

PM me your address and I will send you a check for $1.
Okay that Is a little freaking rediculous. Any of us would be subject to discipline if we stole 6 mins a day from the company. You work for a company that preaches integrity but has none. Changing a time card so he won't get a but chewing from higher up is stupid. They are training him down the management path. To the op,stick to your guns and get everything they owe you. You earned it and worked for it. Hold them accountable. They would you.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
I'm not the only one who's noticed it, and this isn't the first time I've noticed it either. I've been shorted before and had it looked into, and was told there had been no adjustment. I chalked it up to being a recording mistake on my part, and made sure I didn't make the same mistake again. This time I know 100% certain that my time card has been adjusted.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm not the only one who's noticed it, and this isn't the first time I've noticed it either. I've been shorted before and had it looked into, and was told there had been no adjustment. I chalked it up to being a recording mistake on my part, and made sure I didn't make the same mistake again. This time I know 100% certain that my time card has been adjusted.
Yup....I've had it happen so many times I cant count....I always keep track of my punch times....you owe me 5 min? :censored2:....pay me!

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
You do know your punch in time and start time aren't always the same right? If your report time is 545 and you show up at 543 you don't get paid for those 2 minutes.

I've work at UPS for years, I'm well aware of the start time situation.

As it is I have the latest start time in the building, which is BS as well because they complain to us and threaten to write us up for not prepping our area prior to start time, but if you look at the National Master Agreement Article 17 "Paid for Time" paragraph 2, it clearly forbids this, and says that management is not to allow us to work prior to our start time, because if we do we're due compensation at 1 1/2 times our hourly rate.