Time Card being tampered with!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
On a computer, through some page they set up a few years back.

This is not a error or a problem, this is fraud! Someone is entering the time card system and making changes, shorting time.

Perhaps the Union should notify the Attorney Generals office. Watch clocking in and out get secure real fast. The company gets reports on every micro thing drivers do, daily, but they can see someone entering the time clock system and making changes? Time to unleash the dogs!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm not the only one who's noticed it, and this isn't the first time I've noticed it either. I've been shorted before and had it looked into, and was told there had been no adjustment. I chalked it up to being a recording mistake on my part, and made sure I didn't make the same mistake again. This time I know 100% certain that my time card has been adjusted.
All adjustments are stamped with managements ID number in GTS. Any adjustments are easily tracked back to the particular person doing it, unless they foolishly have someone access to GTS under their id number, in which case they'd be screwed.

This procedure was put into place due to previous transgressions that were not traceable.

joesmith

How much is 6 minutes X 90 thousand drivers or 385,000 employees or what ever?
I think this is going on in my center and i have alerted a few drivers.... so what is the best way to catch them? take a pic of the Diad clocking in and out? Asking for a print out of the time card will let the oms clerk know not to change my time because I'm keeping track.

KzooUPSer

Once you go Brown...
I pursued the issue with my PT's and they played dumb and said I must've "miscalculated." They didn't seem to understand that I was going by the calculation that the PC itself had shown when I punched out at the end of the week.

At any rate, I found out who has access to review changes that had been made to my time card, and since I know for a fact that it was altered, I'll have a chat with them and find out the ID # of whoever did it, and take the issue to my shift and building managers. I also spoke with my steward about it, and have been advising as many of my coworkers I could that they should keep track of their times individually, as I doubt I'm being singled out.

When I have proof that my time card has been tampered with, I'll contact the appropriate people to have an investigation opened.

The issue will be sorted out Monday morning, and from there I'll pursue whatever necessary corrections I'm due.

PT Car Washer

I pursued the issue with my PT's and they played dumb and said I must've "miscalculated." They didn't seem to understand that I was going by the calculation that the PC itself had shown when I punched out at the end of the week.

At any rate, I found out who has access to review changes that had been made to my time card, and since I know for a fact that it was altered, I'll have a chat with them and find out the ID # of whoever did it, and take the issue to my shift and building managers. I also spoke with my steward about it, and have been advising as many of my coworkers I could that they should keep track of their times individually, as I doubt I'm being singled out.

When I have proof that my time card has been tampered with, I'll contact the appropriate people to have an investigation opened.

The issue will be sorted out Monday morning, and from there I'll pursue whatever necessary corrections I'm due.
I believe you will find out that UPS covers their tracks well. It was a typo somewhere. Good luck.

sportsjock

They aren't good at covering their tracks. If they were, managers wouldn't get canned for defrauding the employees time cards. We just had a center manager canned for altering numbers and defrauding the company.

Keeping track of my time and hours were the first thing the veterans drivers told me to do when I started at UPS. Just what they told me came to pass. They tried stealing hours from me in several occasions and I called them on it and they corrected it right away. Our sups are known for shaving time. Our center manager is useless he just takes up space

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Sorry, I have heard of such things. Just thought it happened in out of control centers. Guess I am lucky that right now my center does not do that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No center level. I have never heard of anybody division level even dealing with time cards.
Well I've been stolen from by management, had the time input by the supervisor as an adjustment, and then saw for my own eyes where the division manager wiped it out on a Friday. Usually the supervisor will then keeps their mouth shut and say " I don't know what happened, but I put the time in"

Who validates the GTS time for centers, hub sorts, etc. in your opinion?

Last edited:

Johney

Well I've been stolen from by management, had the time input by the supervisor as an adjustment, and then saw for my own eyes where the division manager wiped it out on a Friday. Usually the supervisor will then keeps their mouth shut and say " I don't know what happened, but I put the time in"

Who validates the GTS time for centers, hub sorts, etc. in your opinion?
Just curious how do you know the DM wiped it out?

DSM515

Only a maroon would waste time and resources over a 6 minute time card discrepancy. I'll bet you the $1 that the error was on your inability to do basic math.
If he right it is theft. UPS would fire him if they caught him stealing 6 mins of time, but that's ok right?