Time off/attendance issues

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How is he doing now?
That was 2007, he just celebrated 7 yrs post surgery, and yes we celebrated. He had crabs, I had wings (allergic to sea food) His bp stays at 114/78 with moderate meds. Hes fine. He is not aloud out in extreme cold, and extreme heat, and never allowed to work again, which grieves him. But he does so much here and for the neighbors, widows, etc, and such he doesnt have time to work. he lost 40 % of his heart muscle, It was his second, they do not know when the first one happened. He was roofing a house "for free" to help a single Mom, and he kept drinking water, it was 98 out, and God knows what up there. I am only telling you so you MEN know. He swelled up like a blow fish. He puked for 3 days, finally when my perfume made him sick, he went to the hospital. He was in surgery, transferred to another hospital in one hour with a widow maker. 6 veins. None of the symptoms you look for. It was like the flu. And was told it was caused by extreme stress from untreated back pain. After another week in the hospital for angina, and bp at 250/130. It was very scary. It was a battle, it was horrifying. But hes here for now, Thanks to God, and doctors, true heros.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Before this year I might have agreed with you.

I didn't necessarily burn all of my option days on this but I definitely finished them off. I probably had four or five different appointments before the surgery for biopsies, re biopsies, and consultations, etc.

As far as taking the three weeks off it was more for letting the skin graft 'take' than anything. They took a chunk the size of a nickel out and my nose & neck and if it didn't take the only other option would be to cut a piece from my forehead and flap it down (his words) to my nose. I've since had two more chunks taken off of my shoulder and foot and have been back the next day.

The doc wanted me to keep it moist and clean for a month without a bandage, I shouldn't have to tell you how impossible that would be in a package car. I took a month via FMLA and was back to work in three weeks.

So basically... wrong on a points :raspberry: I'll upload a picture of my nose two weeks after to give you an idea of what I was supposed to keep moist and clean while working.
View attachment 15425
My husband had a skin cancer on his hand, no way could have he worked and kept it clean. If you saw my nose on one of those brutal hot days, in a dirty stinking truck, thats why you cannnot work. Thank your doctor for knowing better than UPS, Its not like you sit at a desk and type, Good Lord.

That was 2007, he just celebrated 7 yrs post surgery, and yes we celebrated. He had crabs, I had wings (allergic to sea food) His bp stays at 114/78 with moderate meds. Hes fine. He is not aloud out in extreme cold, and extreme heat, and never allowed to work again, which grieves him. But he does so much here and for the neighbors, widows, etc, and such he doesnt have time to work. he lost 40 % of his heart muscle, It was his second, they do not know when the first one happened. He was roofing a house "for free" to help a single Mom, and he kept drinking water, it was 98 out, and God knows what up there. I am only telling you so you MEN know. He swelled up like a blow fish. He puked for 3 days, finally when my perfume made him sick, he went to the hospital. He was in surgery, transferred to another hospital in one hour with a widow maker. 6 veins. None of the symptoms you look for. It was like the flu. And was told it was caused by extreme stress from untreated back pain. After another week in the hospital for angina, and bp at 250/130. It was very scary. It was a battle, it was horrifying. But hes here for now, Thanks to God, and doctors, true heros.
Thank God. I'm so happy it worked out. You two are very blessed.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thank God. I'm so happy it worked out. You two are very blessed.
We know we are. I guess thats why I get thrown off base when asked questions about couldnt we cancel it, for later. I just never in the realm of reality thought about it. When I came back to work I was told, "I need to keep my mind on my work and not my husband" before I left the building....................Thanks.

We know we are. I guess thats why I get thrown off base when asked questions about couldnt we cancel it, for later. I just never in the realm of reality thought about it. When I came back to work I was told, "I need to keep my mind on my work and not my husband" before I left the building....................Thanks.
Unbelievable. You are reaching the point in your years at UPS where it just doesn't matter what they think anymore. You've got your time in.

Indecisi0n

Doesn't surprise me at all. I heard worse. center manager are pure :censored2:s.

You got my permission,to put on a pair of steel toe boots.
And drop kick him in the nutz.

This kind of crap,needs to stop!