Timecard change

Jon214

How would you respond to management changing your drivers code from 06 to 05 because you finished early…without notifying you. I filed a grievance but management RTS it.
I put article 12,17,37 & 51.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
How would you respond to management changing your drivers code from 06 to 05 because you finished early…without notifying you. I filed a grievance but management RTS it.
Management refused to initial your grievance?
That doesn't sound right.

Are you a steward? At least here, your grievance has to be presented by a steward, so that's all I can think.

Even if they refuse to change the code, you'll go to a local level hearing, and then potentially your case will go to panel if they won't agree and the union thinks it has merit.

Jon214

Management refused to initial your grievance?
That doesn't sound right.

Are you a steward? At least here, your grievance has to be presented by a steward, so that's all I can think.

Even if they refuse to change the code, you'll go to a local level hearing, and then potentially your case will go to panel if they won't agree and the union thinks it has merit.
Not a steward. Steward took him the grievance and it came back with an RTS. I work under 06 everyday.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Why did you finish early?

jones5050

How many hours did you work out of curiosity? My locals contract states that all timecard alterations are to be posted daily for employees review. Filed grievance and supposedly ups is to just record all alterations in PTE edits book. If you didn’t get your 8 hour guarantee file grievance for 8 hour guarantee

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Not a steward. Steward took him the grievance and it came back with an RTS. I work under 06 everyday.
So RTS is our language.

That's what we do with their BS writeups that we don't sign.

To my understanding, management can't RTS a grievance. The typical one that I get ends up with "no resolution reached" written on the back. Because the center manager refused to budge, and so we have to take it to the local level with the labor manager.

Did your steward give you a copy of the grievance?

Jon214

Why did you finish early?
Not enough work. I took a whole hour lunch. Management watched me do my post trip and all. No one said anything so I left early. I requested 9 hours of work everyday but they give me less. I believe they are trying to cut my OT since I won’t 05.

Jon214

So RTS is our language.

That's what we do with their BS writeups that we don't sign.

To my understanding, management can't RTS a grievance. The typical one that I get ends up with "no resolution reached" written on the back. Because the center manager refused to budge, and so we have to take it to the local level with the labor manager.

Did your steward give you a copy of the grievance?
Yes. The only thing is that we have a slimy union steward who likes to get his back scratched by management. He has held my grievance before while I sat at home for 3 1/2 weeks in the past. I had to call my BA who didn’t even know I was fired at the time. I don’t trust him but there’s not much to do about it in my center.

Jon214

How many hours did you work out of curiosity? My locals contract states that all timecard alterations are to be posted daily for employees review. Filed grievance and supposedly ups is to just record all alterations in PTE edits book. If you didn’t get your 8 hour guarantee file grievance for 8 hour guarantee
I did exactly that. The first grievance I turned in was for the pay. Next week came no pay so I turned in another one requesting my PTE edits from that day along with the operations record for me. Now all of a sudden they are refusing to sign my grievance. I’m assuming because that will show who falsified my timecard without permission.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Not enough work. I took a whole hour lunch. Management watched me do my post trip and all. No one said anything so I left early. I requested 9 hours of work everyday but they give me less. I believe they are trying to cut my OT since I won’t 05.
Consistency is key...

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yes. The only thing is that we have a slimy union steward who likes to get his back scratched by management. He has held my grievance before while I sat at home for 3 1/2 weeks in the past. I had to call my BA who didn’t even know I was fired at the time. I don’t trust him but there’s not much to do about it in my center.
So...

Have you called your BA?

Jon214

When I said it...

Technically....

What I meant was...

consistently going over no matter how much or little.

Especially when given a little, learn to adjust so you still get a full day.

Leave the runny gunny to @MECH-lift
I can do that no problem. So you’re saying slow down so I won’t give management a reason to falsify my timecard information?

Jon214

When I said it...

Technically....

What I meant was...

consistently going over no matter how much or little.

Especially when given a little, learn to adjust so you still get a full day.

Leave the runny gunny to @MECH-lift
Last time I literally ran a route I was fired the next day 😭😭😭
I learned my lesson about the runner gunner a couple of years ago.

Brownwind

Try to use the new Teamsters app. I’m told It has a feature to record events you mentioned and file with your local. Might help.

Perhaps some of our tech posters are able to update us.

Thebrownblob

Call loss prevention, it is falsifying records on managements part. The contract is clear you’re guaranteed eight, unless you personally give approval.