**Timecard Shaving and Timecard Viewer**

Have you suspected timecard shaving in your paycheck?

• Yes

Votes: 71 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
UPS unintentionally created a tool for employees to officially see that sups shave our timecards and edit/delete them as pleased.

Timecard viewer is inside the UPS Go app. Get in the habit of clocking your time using an app with a decimal hourly view like Work Log.

I use Work Log on Android here-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=arproductions.andrew.worklog

Get in the habit of loging your time immediately after punching out. Compare Timecard Viewer times to your app log.

Part timers should never have Unpaid Break time. If you are FT remember to account for unpaid time.

If you punch in late because of diad issues, or because sups are looking for work, you will show as late and not be paid for that time. Make sure to tell your sup to CORRECT your start time.

When you find your daily timecard off by 0.16 or more, you've been shaved for 10+ minutes. Ask for a print out of days in question and it will show who and when edited your card. It is not hard, they will just not want to do it. Take screen shots of shaved timecards because they are only available to view on Timecard Viewer for one week.

They can not change your start time with out advanced notice, or edit your card for any reason. Know your guaranteed hours and don't let them tell you different. Remember you earned every hour you work and need those hours to qualify for a pension year, EVERY YEAR.

Stop letting them steal from you so they can steal thier bonus. If you're getting :censored2:ed over, call them out. Nobody likes a thief.

Good luck with your stewards.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

UPS unintentionally created a tool for employees to officially see that sups shave our timecards and edit/delete them as pleased.

Timecard viewer is inside the UPS Go app. Get in the habit of clocking your time using an app with a decimal hourly view like Work Log.

I use Work Log on Android here-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=arproductions.andrew.worklog

Get in the habit of loging your time immediately after punching out. Compare Timecard Viewer times to your app log.

Part timers should never have Unpaid Break time. If you are FT remember to account for unpaid time.

If you punch in late because of diad issues, or because sups are looking for work, you will show as late and not be paid for that time. Make sure to tell your sup to CORRECT your start time.

When you find your daily timecard off by 0.16 or more, you've been shaved for 10+ minutes. Ask for a print out of days in question and it will show who and when edited your card. It is not hard, they will just not want to do it. Take screen shots of shaved timecards because they are only available to view on Timecard Viewer for one week.

They can not change your start time with out advanced notice, or edit your card for any reason. Know your guaranteed hours and don't let them tell you different. Remember you earned every hour you work and need those hours to qualify for a pension year, EVERY YEAR.

Stop letting them steal from you so they can steal thier bonus. If you're getting :censored2:ed over, call them out. Nobody likes a thief.

Good luck with your stewards.

Don't forget to file when not paid in time.

Overpaid Union Thug

I haven't noticed any shaved time (I don't check every single day though) but I have noticed clever ways of that they've coded time in order to hide it from upper management. For a while I had time coded as "Attended School." If colleges gave us college credit for....whatever school my supervisors claim I've attended.....I'd have AT LEAST an associates degree in.....something.

currahee

I keep record of my hours and match them up on Upsers. A few peaks ago i caught my center manager who was changing start times in order to conserve time for weekend work. i alerted my steward who confronted center manager. He was unaware that employees could check their timecard and claimed a system "glitch". Times were correctly adjusted back before they were sent to payroll. Probably the only reason the center manager is still with company.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I haven't noticed any shaved time (I don't check every single day though) but I have noticed clever ways of that they've coded time in order to hide it from upper management. For a while I had time coded as "Attended School." If colleges gave us college credit for....whatever school my supervisors claim I've attended.....I'd have AT LEAST an associates degree in.....something.
How we are instructed to code pcm

In my hub we write in our finish time and initial the time sheet. There is a column that has the start time and a column for "actual" start that is always +10 minutes. When I first started I asked about the discrepancy and the sup told me it was an allowance for the time it takes the flow to get to our belt. I hadn't given it much thought until now. Is this "shaving" time and should I tell my steward?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In my hub we write in our finish time and initial the time sheet. There is a column that has the start time and a column for "actual" start that is always +10 minutes. When I first started I asked about the discrepancy and the sup told me it was an allowance for the time it takes the flow to get to our belt. I hadn't given it much thought until now. Is this "shaving" time and should I tell my steward?
Start time is the start time. No PCM's, getting doors opened, etc, before the start time.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The part-time punch is far worse than the FT diad punch. No ability to change start time manually. If you volunteer to show up early. Make sure a sup rolls the scheduled start back. If you show up later than the scheduled start (due to an extra-contractual offer to start the sort earlier) then get to work immediately after punching in and make sure a sup does not touch it.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
If your schedule says you start at 4 but they tell you you can start working st 350 but they dont start paying you until 4. Then yes. They are shaving time.

If your schedule says you start at 4 but they tell you you can start working st 350 but they dont start paying you until 4. Then yes. They are shaving time.

looks something like this:
Employee---------Start time----Actual Start----Initals----Finish

Bacciagalupe-----18:00---------18:10---------------------22:00

I get paid for 3hr 50min not 4hrs