Tips for New FT Dispatch supervisors

Lol you should follow your own advice.
He left that comment Saturday evening.
You respond in the middle of the day on Sunday.
Happy Sunday by the way!
I just said four stops in one hour and then I have any hazmat placards on my vehicle as I brought a hundred pounds of propane home

I'm getting myself ready for tomorrow

Remember:
• can't go over 14 hours
• must have at least 10 hours of rest between clocking out and clocking in.
• Safety first
• the best stop of the day is when you get home.
This place seems to get these rules.
Just like you haven't done this job for a while so have I and I will tell you and @Dragon or anyone else on here to want to listen.
If you treat me with respect and like a human being you will get a lot more out of me than the stupid games of his place pays.
Yes they do not have a hard time hiring people but they have a very hard time keeping them people

Est.1998

Yes they do not have a hard time hiring people but they have a very hard time keeping them people
It's no surprise that the majority of people I know worked at UPS.
Also no surprise that the majority of them no longer work for UPS.
A big part of my respect for you and a lot of us in the BC, including @Dragon , is we not only go through the fire of physical labor each day for years but also the politics of UPS which in my opinion is worse than the actual work.
*takes another sip of Crown Apple

It's no surprise that the majority of people I know worked at UPS.
Also no surprise that the majority of them no longer work for UPS.
A big part of my respect for you and a lot of us in the BC, including @Dragon , is we not only go through the fire of physical labor each day for years but also the politics of UPS which in my opinion is worse than the actual work.
*takes another sip of Crown Apple
The physical part of this job is very hard and after many decades I learned that last year with the pandemic but with that being said the mental BS that everyone has to put up from this place no matter what your job title is is more than ridiculous

Settle down, its not management by fear, its due to the lack of respect on both sides.

Most of those "kids" you talk about are already in their late 20 and early 30's...they have seen the games played on both sides.

We are having no problem filling driver jobs in my area...so that tells me they know what they are getting into amongst other things...

Its Sunday, get off the internet and enjoy the outdoors with your family.
I bought my wife some flowers maybe you should do the same
IMG_20210418_163906298.jpg

Rubber Puckies

Settle down, its not management by fear, its due to the lack of respect on both sides.

Most of those "kids" you talk about are already in their late 20 and early 30's...they have seen the games played on both sides.

We are having no problem filling driver jobs in my area...so that tells me they know what they are getting into amongst other things...

Its Sunday, get off the internet and enjoy the outdoors with your family.
Most of "these kids" have worked far worse jobs and actually appreciate what is offered by UPS. Very much unlike the soon to be retirees.

Rubber Puckies

The physical part of this job is very hard and after many decades I learned that last year with the pandemic but with that being said the mental BS that everyone has to put up from this place no matter what your job title is is more than ridiculous
Construction, masonry, brick-laying, delivering furniture... all much more physical jobs dude.

Est.1998

Construction, masonry, brick-laying, delivering furniture... all much more physical jobs dude.
No one said there aren't occupations that tax the body more than UPS.
Working in a coal mine, oil field, even the jobs you've stated.
Also, i bet the turnover rate on said jobs is also high, right?
Maybe, just maybe if everyone had to work at those jobs you've listed prior to working at UPS, the turnover rate here would be close to non-existent?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Also thanks OP I'll be sure to add these Best Practices to the PDS manual

I worked the PM before I dispatched so I had a keen appreciation for the consequences of a bad dispatch; when a PDS thinks they're punishing a specific driver, they're ACTUALLY punishing the ORS, the PTPCS, and every driver who ends up being sent to help

Petty revenge on hourlies is a total waste of time