Tips on being a Driver Helper?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Had a helper one day and all she do was yell, literally yell, “ITS :censored2:IN COLD” and “oh my god my feet are cold”. Took lunch. She ate inside. I ate outside in the car.
nice-balls.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Except one that doesn’t respond at all. “Yo Mo, take these to the yellow house, number 122”

Helper......walking to the wrong house.......

“Yo Mo! The other yellow house!”

Helper.......still walking to the wrong house.......not acknowledging anyone.........

“Yoooooooo Mooooooo!!!!”
That is the "Lost In Space" as described in the helper type thread.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Except one that doesn’t respond at all. “Yo Mo, take these to the yellow house, number 122”

Helper......walking to the wrong house.......

“Yo Mo! The other yellow house!”

Helper.......still walking to the wrong house.......not acknowledging anyone.........

“Yoooooooo Mooooooo!!!!”
"TUCKERRRRR!!!"

wayfair

swollen member
Good bladder control is good in my book.

I had a cross country runner in high school as a helper years ago. He was awesome except he had to friggin pee ALL the time. I told him to slow down with the soda/coffee, and he told me he'd get a UTI if he didn't and that he'd sue UPS if he did get one. I had to end his employment with me after I came to the PC and he's pissing in the street in a neighborhood.

Poop Head

Judge me.
15 dollars first 2 hours then about 20 an hour after that.
Are there other people doing driver helper? I know certain areas will get them outside of peak. Are you going out with a driver? Or a supervisor? If your center is so short on drivers that they are sending out supes with helpers, you should be getting paid top driver rate.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Center used a couple of helpers last week when the Amazon volume hit Thursday and Friday. Our Local has to approve is the way I understand it, the work is usually offered to Preloaders.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My Center used a couple of helpers last week when the Amazon volume hit Thursday and Friday. Our Local has to approve is the way I understand it, the work is usually offered to Preloaders.
My local always approves it too. Then collects union dues from the helpers.

Brandon5658

Are there other people doing driver helper? I know certain areas will get them outside of peak. Are you going out with a driver? Or a supervisor? If your center is so short on drivers that they are sending out supes with helpers, you should be getting paid top driver rate.
Yeah other guys are doing helper. I think when a driver's load is heavy they let him use a helper, so there's always extra work to be had. I'm going with drivers, not supervisors