To all you youngsters thinking about making UPS a career

Dr.Brownz

Recently retired 55 years old with 3 repaired hernias,herniated disk,brand new shoulder. A recent independent laboratory concluded the odds of retiring as a ups driver are 500 to 1..odds of being terminated are 434 to 1 within 10 years.

UPS wants people to think those things. They don't want carear drivers, but they know the union wont let them screw carear employees out of pension and retirement, so they go with the next weapon at their disposale and that is PROPAGANDA! These are the people that lie to you about what our own contract says. Don't believe their BS

Over 70

My neighbor is 70 and has run 6 miles a day for 40 years....still does.

I think some people are just better built for the pounding than others. Oh and methods go a long ways too.

Some athletes are always hurt, some never miss a game....probably no different at ups.

Good methods, good genes, and a little luck.

There's a 30+ year driver at my center who is perfectly healthy. There's 30 year Olds out with injury left and right

haller

My neighbor is 70 and has run 6 miles a day for 40 years....still does.

I think some people are just better built for the pounding than others. Oh and methods go a long ways too.

Some athletes are always hurt, some never miss a game....probably no different at ups.

Good methods, good genes, and a little luck.

There's a 30+ year driver at my center who is perfectly healthy. There's 30 year Olds out with injury left and right

John cena the wrestler can do 500 lbs+ squats going all the way down. Not a single sign of knee problems. Some people are just lucky.

Last edited:

LeadBelly

Banned
Recently retired 55 years old with 3 repaired hernias,herniated disk,brand new shoulder. A recent independent laboratory concluded the odds of retiring as a ups driver are 500 to 1..odds of being terminated are 434 to 1 within 10 years.
For decades now it has given me a good life and a better one for my family. It's what you make of it. I appreciate the Teamsters for the life I have and am always proud to say I work for ups when it's time to make a big purchase, buy a car, and build a home.