To all you youngsters thinking about making UPS a career

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What is repetitive at ups?

It's not like you're working an assembly line.
I've had to adjust the way I do a lot things because of repetitive motions and I've only been driving 2 years. Simple things like squaring up to the bulkhead door every time can stop shoulder pain.

I used to use my left arm to bring the seat belt all the way over to my right side and buckle it. Major shoulder pain came within a few months. I learned to pass it from my left to right arm in one smooth motion, and depending on the vehicle even snag it on the steering wheel when taking it off to save a step (thanks BC).

This is the kind of crap they don't train you on and no one tells you about. You don't figure these things out until the damage is already done.

vvv

You let them off way too easy in my eyes. Should have had your stop count halved and just crawled thru the day.
But it is what it is.....enjoy your retirement.

vvv

You let them off way too easy in my eyes. Should have had your stop count halved and just crawled thru the day.
But it is what it is.....enjoy your retirement.

vvv

Sorry to repeat post.....I think I have a problem sta sta stuttering this morning after too many Sunday cocktails da da during football games. Guess I'll just take off today seeing Monday's make me itch.

Dr.Brownz

My neighbor is 70 and has run 6 miles a day for 40 years....still does.

I think some people are just better built for the pounding than others. Oh and methods go a long ways too.

Some athletes are always hurt, some never miss a game....probably no different at ups.

Good methods, good genes, and a little luck.

There's a 30+ year driver at my center who is perfectly healthy. There's 30 year Olds out with injury left and right

How fast does he run?

An article on running made the point "fat people dont burn enough calories to slim down running a 40 minute mile" so I would wonder how hard (or not hard) this guy runs. Slower run equals less wear and tear

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You owe a ten cents royalty to the Fluffers.
tumblr_mf5s0vlkqO1rbn1qw.gif