Today with Integrity (ON TOPIC )

floridays

Thought for Today

God takes our efforts for good and blesses them. God needs our efforts. We need God's blessing. Together, they mean spiritual success. Our efforts are necessary. We cannot merely relax and drift with the tide. We must often direct our efforts against the tide of materialism around us. When difficulties come, our efforts are needed to surmount them. But God directs our efforts into the right channels and God's power is necessary to help us choose the right.
:bsbullf:

Integrity

Binge Poster
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
I don’t I understand the purpose of this reply.

floridays

Nice response.

A little crass but at least it appears to be honest.

IMO it is more honest of a response than just a quote from the Bible of your religious tradition.
You don't read a word I say, if you think I speak of religious tradition.

I don't like, religion.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You don't read a word I say, if you think I speak of religious tradition.

I don't like, religion.
In my mind you do speak of religious tradition when you are utilizing sacred written tradition.

I love sacred written tradition and I love and value the Bible, I utilize it in my spiritual journey with God.

The historical record shows that The Bible only exists because of religious tradition.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

God can work through you better when you are not hurrying. Go very slowly, very quietly, from one duty to the next, taking time to rest and pray between. Do not be too busy. Take everything in order. Venture often into the rest of God and you will find peace. All work that results from resting with God is good work. Claim the power to work miracles in human lives. Know that you can do many things through the Higher Power. Know that you can do good things through God who rests you and gives you strength. Partake regularly of rest and prayer.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

Calmness is constructive of good. Agitation is destructive of good. I should not rush into action. I should first "be still and know that He is God." Then I should act only as God directs me through my conscience. Only trust, perfect trust in God, can keep me calm when all around me are agitated. Calmness is trust in action. I should seek all things that can help me to cultivate calmness. To attain material things, the world learns to attain speed. To attain spiritual things, I have to learn to attain a state of calm.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

Wherever there is true fellowship and love between people, God's spirit is always there as the Divine Third. In all human relationships, the Divine Spirit is what brings them together. When a life is changed through the channel of another person, it is God, the Divine Third, who always makes the change, using the person as a means. The moving power behind all spiritual things, all personal relationships between people is God, the Divine Third, who is always there. No personal relationships can be entirely right without the presence of God's spirit.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
1652267023487.png