Tonights main event: APWA vs IBT at UPS Freight

nvnative

UPS Freight Driver
just wondering how many of the people here that seem to be so concerned about ups freight the ibt and the apwa are actually freight employees and not others trying to gain strenght for their own cause.
btw first post, new employee, and hello to all

705red

Browncafe Steward
just wondering how many of the people here that seem to be so concerned about ups freight the ibt and the apwa are actually freight employees and not others trying to gain strenght for their own cause.
btw first post, new employee, and hello to all
Welcome, not alot of freight on here yet, but were hoping you guys/gals start coming in droves. We know what you have in store, we have seen it all here at ups and know what to expect. Feel free to fire away, were here to help, im in package car for ups.

A

Anonymous ups driver

This is what I expected the APWA to do all along. While all their talk sounds good its just talk. I wouldn't vote for them until they have a clear track record of solidly representing somebody other than me. If they can become a true legal union, dump their union busting lawyer, and show they can negotiate and enforce a contract then I might consider them. Its really their only shot at removing the teamsters.

you guys sound all the same " its all talk" I'll tell you what you need to fix whats going on or there will be alot of p.o. brothers out their. FIX THE FREAKIN PENSION SOON. OR GO APWA!!!!!!!!

mittam

Cole its impossible for them to get that much a month at the same payment that we get paid into the pension fund.

The tdu does not point out any positives only the negatives.

I have that info but will need permission from the mechanic to post it. He will get over 10 grand a month at 62 and over 11 grand a month at 65

mittam

Red it's called compound interest and they don't give up 60 % of what they get to other companies as we do under central states