TonyQ's True Intentions

Why do you think TonyQ is selling this contract so hard ?

• He , himself , is THE Dennis Taylor and thinks this is a good contract.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • She is on the negotiating team and wants extended talks somewhere tropical.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • She receives a huge bonus if contract goes through on first ballot.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • He's really just some troll living in his moms basement.

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters

542thruNthru

I support Fred but not TDU. For what its worth.

I support the Teamster who I think can do the best job. I don't know Fred or Sean very well being that I'm out west. Only what I've heard or seen which isn't much but I see more upside with them then what we have right now.

Tony Q

I support the Teamster who I think can do the best job. I don't know Fred or Sean very well being that I'm out west. Only what I've heard or seen which isn't much but I see more upside with them then what we have right now.
I support you, because you seem very level headed. We don't agree a lot, but you aren't bi-polar. I appreciate you giving my ideas a chance and not being disrespectful. There is a way to debate, you sir are better than most here at it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I still stand by my comments that this contract has something for everyone, but understand if you want to vote no. I think you are misguided if you do vote no, but encourage you to vote no if you feel the need.

I'm still trying to understand why I would be misguided to vote no. The guidance that has been offered for voting yes is extremely lacking. I guess the contract does have something for everyone, but that doesn't mean it's something good for everyone. All of the "good" points that effect me are simply maintaining what I have. I would probably vote yes if it were simply an across the board maintenance of conditions and compensation, but it's not.

The negatives far outweigh the neutrals. If you want me to vote yes to the negatives in the contract, I need something in return, but I'm not getting it. Some people are getting a better deal, but most people are not. The concerns and uncertainty surrounding the 22.4 language are being dismissed and not addressed satisfactorily by those who think we should vote yes.

If someone would explain the 22.4 language so that I can understand why it's a good thing, then I would be more amiable. But all we get is "wait and see" or "this is to address the concerns of the members". Neither of those answers is good enough. If those of us with concerns were treated with the respect we deserve, the conversation would be a lot more productive. So I ask again... guide me, why should I vote yes?

Box Ox

I'm still trying to understand why I would be misguided to vote no. The guidance that has been offered for voting yes is extremely lacking.

Only thing I’ve even seen offered up by the Contract pushers is a stupid video where a guy at a whiteboard explains that pension contributions will increase. And that’s it. Absolutely pathetic.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Only thing I’ve even seen offered up by the Contract pushers is a stupid video where a guy at a whiteboard explains that pension contributions will increase. And that’s it. Absolutely pathetic.

I think that's a big part of why the union is desperate to dupe, goad, guilt, and browbeat us into voting yes. They screwed up with the pension and they want us to willingly accept concessions so they can keep it from falling apart completely. I finally ran across enough of tony's posts where he mentions the value of the contract to where I think I understand the logic behind the union's actions.

They think we have it so good that we should be happy to get a contract that is nothing but one giant step backwards. If the union wants our money to bail out the pension, they should get us some better non-monetary language at least.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

The guy is out of the West..He should be happy about his pension benefits...I would be dancing in the street if I had their pension payout..(7250 with 30, any age)..:thumbup:

Now put somebody in the Central or Southern in front of a whiteboard explaining why we should vote this thing in? Maybe I will change my vote, convince me..:winkiss: