TonyQ's True Intentions

Why do you think TonyQ is selling this contract so hard ?

• He , himself , is THE Dennis Taylor and thinks this is a good contract.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • She is on the negotiating team and wants extended talks somewhere tropical.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • She receives a huge bonus if contract goes through on first ballot.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • He's really just some troll living in his moms basement.

Votes: 25 43.1%

• Total voters

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Again, you are clueless on contract negotiations.

The IBT has not even proposed it to the locals yet, what gives you the right to demand that they answer your questions?
Because the IBT released the tentative agreement to the membership, that's why.

Being a dues paying member gives him "the right" to demand answers to his questions.

....every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Being a dues paying member gives him "the right" to demand answers to his questions.

These boys trying their darndest to sell this thing

The boss must be up thier asses big time

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

And the answers should be available after the 2 man meeting, from his/her local. Once your Local is filled in, "demand" those answers from your Local representatives. That's what they are paid for.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You're only reading into my posts what you want, again. I can try to disillusion you, but I don't think anything I say would make it through your deluded filters.

I reread it, and you seem bitter that the new hires are going to get much more than you got.

Sorry, it is what it is. I get it, but I voted no on that last contract.

I can't reply to your next post because @over9five says nobody reads it.

But, go to your Locals meeting and ask them the questions. If they do not know, that have a better chance of getting answers from the IBT than a single member demanding the IBT respond to them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Good Lord, why do you guys do that? Does anyone read a post like that?

I respond in case someone read the first one. Don't want anyone thinking I'm conceding such ridiculous arguments. There's so much to address, you have to go point by point. It becomes a battle of will and stamina at some point.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I reread it, and you seem bitter that the new hires are going to get much more than you got.

Sorry, it is what it is. I get it, but I voted no on that last contract.

I can't reply to your next post because @over9five says nobody reads it.

But, go to your Locals meeting and ask them the questions. If they do not know, that have a better chance of getting answers from the IBT than a single member demanding the IBT respond to them.

I can be happy for someone else's fortune and bitter over my own misfortune at the same time. My main issue is with those pushing for a yes vote (though I am not happy about the deflection we are getting from official teamster released information). If they can't answer my questions, then it seems like they don't really know why they are voting yes, which suggests several things about such people, none of them good.

F

Frankie's Friend

And the answers should be available after the 2 man meeting, from his/her local. Once your Local is filled in, "demand" those answers from your Local representatives. That's what they are paid for.
We did not "get all the answers" after the 2 man last time why expect more this time?

F

Frankie's Friend

We had the right to make proposals but no right to ask questions.

That makes a lot of sense to me.
Thx

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I respond in case someone read the first one. Don't want anyone thinking I'm conceding such ridiculous arguments. There's so much to address, you have to go point by point. It becomes a battle of will and stamina at some point.

Fair enough.

Negotiations started last October.

UPS And The International Brotherhood Of Teamsters Begin Contract Negotiations

$4.15 over the next 5 years is not an improvement? Or improvements in some pension funds. Yes, it could be more, but you said it was just maintaining.

If the majority of the Locals reject the contract during this 2 man meeting, I believe the Union will not even vote it, that they will try and tweek it to appease the locals.

We also do not know what the initial UPS proposal was. Maybe, based on what they offered, the Union thought we did good. I don't know yet. I am waiting for the meeting.

If you want something from your government, do you contact the President or your Representatives?

F

Frankie's Friend

Why should we wait either? If the IBT wants us to just trust them, they need to behave in a trustworthy manner.
Communication is key in any relationship.
No communication breeds distrust especially after you've been lied to before.

There's one guy on the negotiating committee that I trust. So it's gotta be better this time than last....I hope.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Fair enough.

Negotiations started last October.

UPS And The International Brotherhood Of Teamsters Begin Contract Negotiations

$4.15 over the next 5 years is not an improvement? Or improvements in some pension funds. Yes, it could be more, but you said it was just maintaining.

If the majority of the Locals reject the contract during this 2 man meeting, I believe the Union will not even vote it, that they will try and tweek it to appease the locals.

We also do not know what the initial UPS proposal was. Maybe, based on what they offered, the Union thought we did good. I don't know yet. I am waiting for the meeting.

If you want something from your government, do you contact the President or your Representatives?

Why do so many people see inflation adjustments as a positive? It's neutral, it's the minimum, and what we're getting is just barely that. Improvements in some pension funds benefits the union, not necessarily me, or the majority of ups teamsters.

How much of what started in October was merely formalities, and notices and what not? How much actual work went on between then and May, when the real negotiations started?

I've been known to contact my congressman from time to time.

F

Frankie's Friend

We did, I don't know why you didn't.
We didn't know we went to 1 punch per week vs 1/month for healthcare;

The 3 ov 9.5 day interp changed from a rolling 5 days to m-friend;

The healthcare providers were now ALL way out of our area (40 miles) for xrays, MRIs, and blood tests.
Glad our plan "mirrored" the one we had.

Fricking liars.

I try not to think about it.

I did happen to notice a positive change in the Teamsters magazine this week tho.
The corruption charges and indictments were removed from print.
Maybe that's been omitted in prior publications but I just noticed it.
One more thing to make us proud.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why do so many people see inflation adjustments as a positive? It's neutral, it's the minimum, and what we're getting is just barely that. Improvements in some pension funds benefits the union, not necessarily me, or the majority of ups teamsters.

How much of what started in October was merely formalities, and notices and what not? How much actual work went on between then and May, when the real negotiations started?

I've been known to contact my congressman from time to time.

Inflation averaged 1.75% over the last 5 years.

If it stays consistent, our raises are 33% more than inflation.

Yes, they could be more, but are more than keeping up with inflation, whether you agree or not.

And you said you have contacted your congressman from time to time. Why not the President? Because you have a better chance of getting an answer from your Representative than from the President, in the Government, or the Union.

And I'm not pushing you to vote yes. I am leaning toward the no vote, but need a little more info, which we should get after the meeting, before I firmly decide.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Kind of unprecedented though....huh?
....the Master being available to the membership for weeks before the "two man meeting"?? (via social media and political pressure)

What is the "consensus" in your Local....and what have your "Two Men" done to ascertain and the collect the data from the members??? (I'm curious, truly)

Doesn't it give this "TWO MAN MEETING" a whole new flavor of relevance and standing, in an era of heightened accountability in the IBT????

What would the IBT do, if they don't carry the room?????

Inthegame

Inflation averaged 1.75% over the last 5 years.

If it stays consistent, our raises are 33% more than inflation.

Yes, they could be more, but are more than keeping up with inflation, whether you agree or not.
NMA raises have beaten inflation for the last twenty five years, but you wouldn't know it from reading these threads.

F

Frankie's Friend

NMA raises have beaten inflation for the last twenty five years, but you wouldn't know it from reading these threads.
Even if the full time raises didnt beat inflation we have nothing to whine about in that margin. Time and one-half after 8 hrs is the icing on the cake imo.

There's other holes to fill in but ft wages are not an issue at least in our part of the country in my opinion and I've never heard any full time drivers in our buildings pining over a sub par hourly wage during the last few cbas.

If we had communication showing what we conceded in order to gain in other areas it would stop a lot of griping. Trust is waning for some and it makes mountains out of molehills.