too many signatures a integrity issue ???

SWORDFISH

it is a 2nd stop and that is not padding the stop count. if you had to go to the apt and leave a del notice and then go to the rental office that is 2 stops.

+1..... I think the way things are we should just make all stops duplicate. So we have zero stops everyday. Then the whole SPORH thing would be gone too. People need to look up what the word duplicate means.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
it is a 2nd stop and that is not padding the stop count. if you had to go to the apt and leave a del notice and then go to the rental office that is 2 stops.
Just scan the pkg, scan the notice, pre-record and do a left at office. No duplicate necessary.

When I do apts, I don't hit stop complete at the apt. I pre-record the stop, leave a note, and get the NIs signed for at the office.
+1

In this case each NI would be a separate stop and you would not be padding stops. Do you scan the info notice before prerecording the pkg?
Just scan the pkg, scan the notice, pre-record and do a left at office. No duplicate necessary.

Apparently some can't enough UPSing in during their career--they have to live it during their retirement, even though they have been away from the game for too long and are no longer relevant.

Shouldn't you be waiting for the Meals on Wheels volunteer?
Ouch! That was uncalled for, but what am I but a poor box schlepper. Here I was thinking that BC was for all UPS'ers, PAST AND PRESENT.

If I have multiple apts, I tag them all as a 'left at' stop. I believe you still get credit for the attempts individually but only need one signature to close out the stop. Am I correct in this guys?
Correct! Just scan the pkg, scan the notice, pre-record and do a left at office. No duplicate necessary.

HUH? You can do that? I've always just left an info notice saying 'left at office'.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

+1

Ouch! That was uncalled for, but what am I but a poor box schlepper. Here I was thinking that BC was for all UPS'ers, PAST AND PRESENT.

Correct! Just scan the pkg, scan the notice, pre-record and do a left at office. No duplicate necessary.

Ok, ok, ok..................... I think I get it. LMAO!! :happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
Steve, I don't get it. Are you saying we should

Just scan the pkg, scan the notice, pre-record and do a left at office. No duplicate necessary?

rod

Retired 22 years
Apparently some can't enough UPSing in during their career--they have to live it during their retirement, even though they have been away from the game for too long and are no longer relevant.

Shouldn't you be waiting for the Meals on Wheels volunteer?

You're not doing a very good job of ignoning me upchuck.

jimstud

Banned

+1

the apt is 1 stop the rental office is 1 stop . 1 + 1 = 2 stops.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Stug, we have to do duplicate at my center.
Why? If you don't stop complete when at the apt as a NI1, but instead pre-record this and all the rest of the stops that aren't home, you can then do a left at the office for all of the stops. No duplicate necessary, and you're not padding stops. Do I need to come to Washington to show your mgmt team how it's done?

the apt is 1 stop the rental office is 1 stop . 1 + 1 = 2 stops.
Huh? So you have a stop for an apt and you have another stop for the rental office? That's the only way I see you getting 2 legitimate stops in this deal. It sounded like you were saying that you went to the apt and stop completed as NI1, and then went to the rental office and completed the stop as a left at, without hitting the duplicate key. That, my friend, would be padding stops in any UPS franchise.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
JimStud it is a 2nd stop and that is not padding the stop count. if you had to go to the apt and leave a del notice and then go to the rental office that is 2 stops.

Ok JS by what you posted. Is it a second stop if you leave it at the Apt next door?? You answer should be no if you answered yes - you are padding stops. Sorry but you do not get credit for the office stop.

SWORDFISH

Why? If you don't stop complete when at the apt as a NI1, but instead pre-record this and all the rest of the stops that aren't home, you can then do a left at the office for all of the stops. No duplicate necessary, and you're not padding stops. Do I need to come to Washington to show your mgmt team how it's done?

Huh? So you have a stop for an apt and you have another stop for the rental office? That's the only way I see you getting 2 legitimate stops in this deal. It sounded like you were saying that you went to the apt and stop completed as NI1, and then went to the rental office and completed the stop as a left at, without hitting the duplicate key. That, my friend, would be padding stops in any UPS franchise.

I meant what Jim is saying. Im not familiar w/ the way you do it. IMO if you have a stop and they are not there then it should be recorded as NI or CL and then if you take it to another location you are stopping again creating a new stop. I used to do it all the time and not to pad my stops but to recieve credit for the times I actually stopped. I no longer do it because its not allowed and it seems alot of you feel it is cheating in some way. Its really neither here nor there though because its not an option any longer for me. Believe it or not I was trained that way.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

And if you have multiple apts that have to go to the office you don't have to rescan and re-enter all the apt numbers. Just hit LA for each apt.............................:happy2:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I disagree.
I see it this way.
The only way it is a duplicate stop, is if you have an additional pkg for the office, and are going there anyway.
It is my contention, that at the first stop at an apt complex that is not in, and you have no other reason to go to the office, this stop is completed as not in, then re-recorded and placed in prerecord.
This rational is only valid at the first apt that is not in and there are no packages for the apt office.
Every subsequent stop that is not in, is also placed in prerecord and indirected to the office.
The trip to the office is an additional stop in this scenario and is so represented by using this method.
This is proven true by the fact that if all the consignees were in, I would not have had to go the office at all, making it an additional stop.

SWORDFISH

I disagree.
I see it this way.
The only way it is a duplicate stop, is if you have an additional pkg for the office, and are going there anyway.
It is my contention, that at the first stop at an apt complex that is not in, and you have no other reason to go to the office, this stop is completed as not in, then re-recorded and placed in prerecord.
This rational is only valid at the first apt that is not in and there are no packages for the apt office.
Every subsequent stop that is not in, is also placed in prerecord and indirected to the office.
The trip to the office is an additional stop in this scenario and is so represented by using this method.
This is proven true by the fact that if all the consignees were in, I would not have had to go the office at all, making it an additional stop.

+1 You, Jim and I agree and everyone else thinks otherwise.