Took an unpaid paternity leave for a week, insurance lapsed

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You can do fmla entirely online at upsers.com hsrc
No need to talk to anyone. No excuse not to do fmla. It takes a few minutes and your done.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A fellow upser said his dad worked for ABF and Roadway. When he was a kid his dad had to work X amount of hours per week to secure benefits for that week so sometimes they had to cancel dentist and other healthcare appointments because he didn't quite make the minimum.

I forgot to tell you why;

They needed 3 punches a week.... under the C-6 Central States plan.

People seem to think we all have equal Teamster benefits.

There are different levels of participation, based on what "level" can be negotiated.

Same with the pension. Not every Union organized company can afford the best.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I forgot to tell you why;

They needed 3 punches a week.... under the C-6 Central States plan.

People seem to think we all have equal Teamster benefits.

There are different levels of participation, based on what "level" can be negotiated.

Same with the pension. Not every Union organized company can afford the best.
I remember when we found out that other ups locals had the C6 plan two contracts ago while we had the company plan.

It's amazing what info is not shared between locals (and translated to the members) when contract talks are going on. I'm guessing that's why folks think we feel entitled.
We always want better things for our fellow upsers and all Teamsters.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why does the union allow a plan that terminates coverage so quickly? Have they never experienced being out of work for any reason?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Good question.

What did your Local Union say.... when you asked them that.... in person ?
Blamed the higher ups. After all we only have to work once a month here for all benefit money to be paid by ups. So logically you’d think once a month would get you those benefits since they’re paid for.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
FMLA may absorb all but 1 week of your vacation but it's a whole lot better than losing thousands of dollars otherwise.

Fyi...I was told by an investment professional I know that you can always declare medical bankruptcy if the medical costs are impossible to overcome. It doesn't touch your personal assets nor does it ruin your credit.

Something to keep in mind. The medical profession is not going broke.
Pay your bills.
Deadbeats declare Bankruptcy