Total Service Plan (TSP)

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
A few weeks ago my Dispatcher asked me if UPS was perfect, how many hours would I like to work? I laughed and asked her if they planned on becoming perfect anytime soon? She said yes, hoping by July.

Again, I laughed.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I’ll take em.
Put all the stops on me and I’ll still have a nice day and sheet missed everything I couldn’t get to.
View attachment 388822
sopranos-tony.gif

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
I never filled out the form. I would like 8 to 9 hours, but if I put that in writing I would get 10 hour days. I was going to request 12 hour days thinking they would try to screw me and give me a 8hr day, but didn't want to chance it.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Take stops off me you dumb bastards.

It’s a trick. They will try to adjust the dispatch just enough so that overtime protection is not an issue for the next contract. Then go back to doing whatever they want.

I say try because they probably won’t actually give the centers the flexibility to implement the plan right.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I never filled out the form. I would like 8 to 9 hours, but if I put that in writing I would get 10 hour days. I was going to request 12 hour days thinking they would try to screw me and give me a 8hr day, but didn't want to chance it.

I never got it either. I was going to put 14

Its_a_me

I get asked often if UPS is a good place to work. I always answer, sure, if you have no life outside of work.
So basically you lie. When asked my answer is the same I gave on the survey they stopped doing that showed no employees would recommend their friends or family work there.

Seems it finally started catching up to the company and they can't figure it out.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
This wouldn't be a problem if management had to stay in the building until the last driver gets in. Simple solution that will never happen. Management weekend starts after the pcm on Friday morning. Everybody knows this except for corporate.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So basically you lie. When asked my answer is the same I gave on the survey they stopped doing that showed no employees would recommend their friends or family work there.

Seems it finally started catching up to the company and they can't figure it out.

I lied? It's not a bad job if all you ever want to do is work and recover from working when you're not working. I don't know anyone like that, but maybe the people asking about the job are like that. I don't know them or their motivations, that's why I qualify my answer the way I do.

I personally would never join the military again, but it might be right for someone else. Who am I to tell them they shouldn't join? I tell people the military isn't bad if you don't mind dying so defense contractors can boost their stock prices.

upser2020

Where I'm at manager's and full time sups usually end up staying well into the next sort. Tsp was mentioned by my last full time but he didn't elaborate(small sort) so I'm guessing it's not limited to delivery drivers or feeders.

Limper

Out For Delivery
It was a better job 20 years ago and we actually provided good service for our customers. These days we cut 50% of our trips on Mondays and we're just pissing everyone off.