Total Service Plan (TSP)

Trucker Clock

Years ago I used to shuttle misload NDA around the state to make service. Now the customer will get their NDA when we get time.

Years, years ago, we used to line flight, that is, take to the airport and put on a commercial flight, NDA packages that were picked up and left in building for one reason or another that didn't make the outgoing NDA trailer.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Years, years ago, we used to line flight, that is, take to the airport and put on a commercial flight, NDA packages that were picked up and left in building for one reason or another that didn't make the outgoing NDA trailer.
You beat me to it….lol. I remember a few times that large shipments of EAM’s missed and they actually put them on a charter Lear jet and flew them straight there..I think that one flight was over 10k…

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When I started the Midnight Sort as a hubrat in '75, we would line flight Second Day Air found after the air trailer pulled.

Trucker Clock

Very expensive but back then service mattered

They were trying to claw some business from FedEx.

Remember how they would “line flight” missed next day airs through other carriers that missed…that goes back to the early 90’s but they ate that cost to at least get the packages there same day

You beat me to it….lol. I remember a few times that large shipments of EAM’s missed and they actually put them on a charter Lear jet and flew them straight there..I think that one flight was over 10k…

Yep.

We screwed up. We did not get that package on the air trailer. And there was a reason the customer paid a huge premium to send it NDA. It needed to be there the next day.

So we got it there the next day via line flight. Maybe late, but we got it there. It cost us a lot of money, but we had customer service back then.

Today, we just say to hell with the customer. It will go out tomorrow. We can't do our jobs, so we make the customer pay the price for our incompetence.

Sixth Punch Sense

We are moving our start time 15 minutes earlier starting on Monday.

My last pick up has a hard stop complete. Presently it gets me back to the facility with 25 minutes to spare before 9.5 hits. Now I'll have 10 minutes. I'll be over every day next week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The best job at ups waiting for a line flight at the airport some days I might make 2 or 3 trips