Traction boards

Mr Mcfeely

Shpeedy Delivery!
I am looking for some heavy duty traction boards. For those that use them, what would you recommend? And yes they would be for my package car. I run a rural mountain route where I am chained up 90% of the time.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am looking for some heavy duty traction boards. For those that use them, what would you recommend? And yes they would be for my package car. I run a rural mountain route where I am chained up 90% of the time.

The company used to give them to us.

Ask.

Mr Mcfeely

Shpeedy Delivery!
I have requested traction boards multiple times. They even posted a list for those who needed em. That was back in Nov. They wont do anything other than the generic "just chain up" line.

Mr Mcfeely

Shpeedy Delivery!
Lol My chains are on every day. Mind you they have me out in a dually with a single chain. They are effective to a point. Thats where the boards come in.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Lol My chains are on every day. Mind you they have me out in a dually with a single chain. They are effective to a point. Thats where the boards come in.

Single chains on dual wheels is a recipe for disaster.

Ask for dual chains, or get stuck bad enough it costs a bunch of money to get you out.

Mr Mcfeely

Shpeedy Delivery!
Yes cosmo1 that is a recipe for disaster. I have asked management and the mech. I get nothing but blank looks from management and grief from the mechanic. I might be buying my own chains as well. I offered to buy the tires for my pc as well to the center manager.

Yes cosmo1 that is a recipe for disaster. I have asked management and the mech. I get nothing but blank looks from management and grief from the mechanic. I might be buying my own chains as well. I offered to buy the tires for my pc as well to the center manager.
I’m giving you a blank look right now. They only provide you with a single chain and not a pair?

Mr Mcfeely

Shpeedy Delivery!
Burrhead its a combo of issues. Crap roads, driveways, weather and a pc that is wrong for the route. Anyway im just looking for input on the boards by those who can relate :thumbup:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Burrhead its a combo of issues. Crap roads, driveways, weather and a pc that is wrong for the route. Anyway im just looking for input on the boards by those who can relate :thumbup:

If you are willing to buy your own chains, you're too damned dedicated.

EC is your friend.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What type of chains do you use?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
A pc that is wrong for that route? I got news for you, no pc is designed for that. What do you drive?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Im dedicated to safety. I like my home life thats why Ill put my $ out there.

FFS, the academy award for being melodramatic goes to you. We deliver rubber sandals and boxes of kitty littler for a living, not human transplant organs or drugs that cure cancer. If the roads are that bad EC and tr again another day. Who the friend* offers to buy their own chains AND tires?