Trade me...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
After delivering my last stop at 2145 this evening I got to thinking, "I wonder if FedEx stays out this late when it's not peak." I came to the conclusion that I cannot remember seeing any of you guys out past maybe 1915hrs at the latest. Is that true and if so, please tell me how you guys do it.

!Retired!

Last peak we were punching in about 0530. The only 2 DOT policies we HAD to follow were:
1. Punch in to punch out can NOT exceed 14 hours, regardless of how long of a break you took.
2. Punch out to punch in MUST be no less than 10 hours.
I routinely punched out around 1900 with only a 30 minute break (13 hours on the clock).

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Last peak we were punching in about 0530. The only 2 DOT policies we HAD to follow were:
1. Punch in to punch out can NOT exceed 14 hours, regardless of how long of a break you took.
2. Punch out to punch in MUST be no less than 10 hours.
I routinely punched out around 1900 with only a 30 minute break (13 hours on the clock).

Be advised that the big issue is that you are off the road 14 hours after your punch in time. Some managers/seniors will not do anything as long as you are off the road before you hit 14 hours.

hypo hanna

After delivering my last stop at 2145 this evening I got to thinking, "I wonder if FedEx stays out this late when it's not peak." I came to the conclusion that I cannot remember seeing any of you guys out past maybe 1915hrs at the latest. Is that true and if so, please tell me how you guys do it.
Depends on the market. Most areas of the country run an AM and a PM shift. There are also mid shift positions and some 4X10's. west coast and extended areas usually runs single shifts.

hypo hanna

Understand with fedex express, there are very few routes that are strictly doing pickups or deliveries. There is always a mix so drivers have to RTB on time to ensure their outbound freight makes the plane. Also just there aren't any loaders with the morning sort, its the drivers who load the cans at night.