Trailer Unloading

Infamous

Anyone else deal with all the crap and drama that comes with Unloading trailers ? Being told your not going fast enough and ect. How do you deal with it?

Infamous

That's basicly what I do by also replying, I am working by the methods and safe as I can. Just be nice to get them off my back. Dont think that will ever happen !

542thruNthru

That's basicly what I do by also replying, I am working by the methods and safe as I can. Just be nice to get them off my back. Dont think that will ever happen !

That's a good response.

Yes it will be this way till you either leave UPS of retire. Learn to ignore it and shrug it off. Just know that it annoys the sup more when you do that. ;)

Do 2-3 trailers a night plus 1 air at the end of shift and you should be fine. Work safe and smart. Don't climb on freight. Don't put oversized on the belt. Need a break? Save 3-4 damages and send them down the belt. That will buy you 15 minutes. You know you're working too fast when you get all 53s and too slow if somebody is constantly helping you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Anyone else deal with all the crap and drama that comes with Unloading trailers ? Being told your not going fast enough and ect. How do you deal with it?
IMO
As long as you are putting forth a reasonable effort and you are following all methods as trained you are doing your job and you should be proud of the job you are doing.

In my experience UPS supervisors are always dissatisfied.

They will abuse workers who try to work too fast and cut corners and get rid of them when they are no longer any use to them.

Do not fall for the “sense of urgency” myth.

No one is required to work with anything more than a reasonable effort.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
“ I’m working as fast as I can , please stop harassing me” ...just keep repeating that
Or another one of my favorites is “ I have OSHA on speed dial “

NerdGirl

Be safe, but also don't be so slow that others who have been there forever have to pick up your slack. Your area works as a team or at least should. Nothing is worse then dealing with a newbie who obivously doesn't care about their job. If I'm putting six boxes on the belt to your one. It's going to be a problem.

542thruNthru

I would love to take you out sometime. We can discuss what we will be doing our Masters thesis on. Nothing hotter than a fellow sesquipedalian who also kicks ass.

Down boy!
tenor-64.gif

NerdGirl

I would love to take you out sometime. We can discuss what we will be doing our Masters thesis on. Nothing hotter than a fellow sesquipedalian who also kicks ass.
Didn't your mommy teach you not to go out with strangers you meet on the internet? But maybe you like a cold dark trunk. Lol

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Be safe, but also don't be so slow that others who have been there forever have to pick up your slack. Your area works as a team or at least should. Nothing is worse then dealing with a newbie who obivously doesn't care about their job. If I'm putting six boxes on the belt to your one. It's going to be a problem.
Have you met @bluebird