Transfering to another UPS

Billy Mech

Sign up at a local community college and do an education transfer, than drop the classes when you get there. I did that. Work around the system.

probellringer

fedex does have a nice policy of transferring--you look on line to see what jobs are available and where-know lot of people that left ny for florida--everyone always wanted hawaii---and based on seniority you could go...also the JUMP SEAT benefit was cool--flying standby on ANY airline was way cool....imagine going somewhere nice for the weekend....was $25 each way few yrs ago.....BUT being on this side of fence now---pay and pension and protection(yes they are hit with sticks to produce)DWARFS any benefit fedex has.....but if the companies merged --that would be cool---any idea for company name?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone else see a problem w/ this statement?

Applying for a transfer under false pretenses is fraud. The educational transfer is there for those employees who will actually be going to school, not applying with the intent of defrauding the system by withdrawing. I would hate to see this perk taken away because of morons like him.

My taking lunch when it works best for me is not fraudulent. I am not working during that time. I put the times in to my DIAD. My center manager has full knowledge that I am doing this. I am not the only one doing this--I would say that at least 1/2 of the drivers in my center do this to some degree. While the letter of the contract may not be followed the intent, taking the full 45 and 10, is.

You need to get over this issue as you are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours. Dave.

probellringer

upstate...i get what your saying...dont like taking lunch between 12-3 ALL THE TIME either...but one day---heaven forbid...it might become the flavor of the month and drivers will be disciplined ,terminated,talked with..etc......that is what we are all telling you ----it has happened before...guess it just hasnt made it up the river yet....its just one of those things --they can falsify-but we cant....you know what to do-their company ,their rules

Overpaid Union Thug

Sign up at a local community college and do an education transfer, than drop the classes when you get there. I did that. Work around the system.

We've had a hand full of transfers come into my center in the past 10 years (including me) but I think I was the only one out of the whole bunch that actually went to school. Everyone else just enrolled and then cancelled their classes and got a refund once they had transferred.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upstate...i get what your saying...dont like taking lunch between 12-3 ALL THE TIME either...but one day---heaven forbid...it might become the flavor of the month and drivers will be disciplined ,terminated,talked with..etc......that is what we are all telling you ----it has happened before...guess it just hasnt made it up the river yet....its just one of those things --they can falsify-but we cant....you know what to do-their company ,their rules

...and when... that day... comes...I will...work...as...directed...

SWORDFISH

Applying for a transfer under false pretenses is fraud. The educational transfer is there for those employees who will actually be going to school, not applying with the intent of defrauding the system by withdrawing. I would hate to see this perk taken away because of morons like him.

While the letter of the contract may not be followed the intent, taking the full 45 and 10, is.

My point is these situations are the same beast. It would be like saying if I knew a cop that would let me get into a restricted place it would be ok because he knows about it and doesnt care. As far as when you take your lunch I dont care when you take it as I have stated before. Im just calling you out for being somewhat hypocritical. Niether situation is one you should do but both are done.

Pathagreon

All this integrity bantering is stale. The company policy is restrictive in both cases, & in both cases the employee is 're-writing' the rules to fit their personal needs. In either case, I think the employee should have the right to seek transfer or decide lunch time. But, to say that you will break the rule until you're job is threatened and call the other a person of no integrity for skirting the system is not the right perspective. Live and let live.

Dnking

FireFalcon
I transfere back in 06. Been with the company since 99. And yes you have to transfer for educational reasons. So I had to enroll in a college where I was moving to, and show my Preload manager and HR a copy of my schedule. I went to the bottom of the seniority list in the building, buut kept my pay, pension, and vacation. Transferred cause my wife graduated college and got a really good job in a different state..

T-DRIVER

No doubt. There are circumstances when a driver needs to transfer and it isn't fair or just to lose anything just because he/she transfers if at all possible. Seniority is seniority (It shouldn't matter where it is) that's a union deal and has nothing to do with the company. The teamster national agreement overrides itself when a region is in financial duress, but I can't transfer shop to shop? I need to transfer simply because my fiancee cannot transfer to my state with her job - so I risk losing everything just to get to another building. Any suggestions? I work on the east coast and need to get to CHICAGO. HELP!!!!!

Dnking

FireFalcon
No doubt. There are circumstances when a driver needs to transfer and it isn't fair or just to lose anything just because he/she transfers if at all possible. Seniority is seniority (It shouldn't matter where it is) that's a union deal and has nothing to do with the company. The teamster national agreement overrides itself when a region is in financial duress, but I can't transfer shop to shop? I need to transfer simply because my fiancee cannot transfer to my state with her job - so I risk losing everything just to get to another building. Any suggestions? I work on the east coast and need to get to CHICAGO. HELP!!!!!

Not sure if the company lets Full-timers transfer. Only way I can see that happening is if you got a Full-time job in management. And then tried to transfer that way some how..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Suppose you are a PTer who has been working at UPS for ten years and are now the highest on the seniority list. You have patiently waited your turn to go driving. You are all set to sign the bid list when this new guy transfers in from another center and takes the bid away from you.

Another point to consider are the different pension plans throughout the country. If UPS/Teamsters allowed transfers at will without loss of seniority we would have employees shopping the various pension plans to find the one that they like and transfer within that district.

I do think that UPS should allow transfers to help an employee attend to the medical needs of a relative or to accompany a spouse who is being relocated due to their job. I do agree that the employee should keep their company seniority but disagree that they should keep building seniority--you transfer you go to the bottom of the list.

What'dyabringmetoday???

...and when... that day... comes...I will...work...as...directed...
Let me start by saying I am not trying to pick a fight with you. The problem is, there are far too many people like you that take matters into their own hands and in the end it affects everyone. Most don't believe that, but it is true. If everyone simply followed the contract, not change it around for personal needs, most of the problems we face would go away. I fear we will never get things turned around because of this. Like I said, not trying to start a fight, but everyone needs to get on board. This company is out for blood, and we need to fight together, not "with" each other.

ryan74701

lol I'm not trying to really dig this thread up from the grave but I have a funny story to tell, so we had this really bad driver that was wrote up multiple times but he wanted to transfer out of district to his home town where a driver was retiring and of course UPS wouldn't let him transfer, so one day he was put on a route that he didn't know at all and came back with 30 missed packages without ever letting the center know he was in such dire need of help so he was fired but the union got his job back, but he had a few stipulations attached to keep his job (no more later air, etc etc or he would be permanently fired) so he chose to just resign, and then was hired at the center he was wanting to transfer to in the first place that was out of district, talk about getting the last laugh, i want to high five him honestly.