Transfering to another UPS

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What if he were to enroll in a local college in Fl, then apply for educational transfer?

R1nstang

Wally HR told me that the education thing only worked for part timers. I guess they look at it as I'm a full time driver I don't have time to go to school

Chilly Willie

Every New Yorker and California would want to transfer here to Northern Wyoming. No local people would ever get hired. We dont mind you visiting here but you have to go home:happy-very:
As a Californian Wyoming is too cold, but given your state pays for college for qualified High School Grads.. yup Its worth it to get out out of the land of the Million Dollar Outhouse Home.

clever_username

Philosoraptor
Here (OKC) drivers aren't allowed to transfer. I can somewhat understand that. Wouldn't want everyone jumping ship and headed out Californie way.

But then you have a situation like mine. Fiancé gets hired by the DoD, moves to Maryland. Fine, I have no problem working out of the Burtonsville hub. Probably get shot or my package car stolen, but whatever. "Sorry" says my HR guy. "Only way it'll work is if you quit here and get rehired out there." Ok, so I go out there to see her on vacation, and visit their HR. Of course they won't hire me off the street as a FT driver. Gotta hump boxes again half the year, and June-Dec they have "reg-temp" drivers. May or may not work everyday.

What an awesome company to work for! And hey, seniority blah blah. I have no problem becoming the lowest seniority driver again. But I am a FT driver. I put in my time in the hub. I should be able to keep company seniority and not lose pay or job title. Am I crazy for thinking this unbending no transfer policy is effed up?

Edit: seems a brother on page 4 is in the same boat as me. Guess we're both up :censored2: Creek

Last edited:

MzTeaze

@clever_username I'm from MD. Unless they force you to deliver into inner city B-more or DC, most of the areas surrounding Burtonsville are fairly well to do. You are more likely to get bit by a dog.

But, aren't you forced to quit & go rehire route due to the change in unions?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Why doesnt UPS let you transfer to another UPS?

this is really ridiculous that someone has to spend the rest of there life at 1 ups and is not allowed to transfer to another one. And they happen to go to another UPS they lose all seniority
You won't transfer anywhere ever

REL

Sign up at a local community college and do an education transfer, than drop the classes when you get there. I did that. Work around the system.
please tell me more i am new to ups i worked for FedEx 2018 to last month and moved from phoenix to small town near Seattle from super hub to a shed hub now that I'm on the brown side of things in my greener grass i want to go back home to the valley of sun..... sad part is I'm only in my first week but more then life i want to work for ups in a foreign country single dad of two kids 10 and 8