Transfers possible?

ninjamonkee127

I'm a loader working at the world hub in louisville, and I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow transfer to a job in Columbus, Ohio. And if I can, how?

ninjamonkee127

I've heard different things. My top supervisor guy said it wasn't possible, but all my coworkers have talked about this one kid who got transfered at his request a few months ago. But my supe said I would just have to quit and reapply there.

I've heard different things. My top supervisor guy said it wasn't possible, but all my coworkers have talked about this one kid who got transfered at his request a few months ago. But my supe said I would just have to quit and reapply there.
There are too many factors to consider to get a simple answer to your question. Some areas allow transfers easily and others make it so hard it isn't worth the time and trouble for a part time job. That is why it is best to work through your HR department.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Generally union employees only could possible transfer between hubs that are covered under your local union. Even that is not easy to pull off. What you want to do will require you to quit and get rehired loosing any seniority you have accumulated. Getting rehired at the destination you wish to move to is not guaranteed even if your HR department tells you it is.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm a loader working at the world hub in louisville, and I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow transfer to a job in Columbus, Ohio. And if I can, how?

A PTer can transfer for educational purposes, such as going to school. Other than that, you have to quit and reapply like a new hire.