Trapped by Delivery

Express Courier

lol this reminds of a house I go to about once a month. When you come down his driveway to his garage he has handmade signs with arrows telling you to go down this long path to his front door. When you finally get to his front door he has 3 doorbells that have notes on them that say to "press the button" and he has an actual bell, sort of like a dinner bell I guess that also has a note to "ring". Meanwhile this whole way he has vid cams, Ring Doorbell, and multiple Arlo cams. I always just walk to the door and drop the package, luckily never had a bulk for him. One time I needed a signature and when he opened the door it was a clear hoarder house. I gave him a full book of Door Tags and told him to sign them for any future delivery.

dvalleyjim

She was blocked in her garage. I empathize with the delivery driver, but whenever I left anything by the garage I did my best not to block the garage door.

I imagine this was a little passive-aggressive payback to this maroon of a customer for this awful delivery from our crony, capitalist, ISP driver-hating, globalist company. Should have trapped her in her house by taking the extra time to block ever exit.

dezguy

Trapped because of her unwillingness to move 90lbs boxes.

The story says she's had to use her daughters car to get around town. So, obviously there are two capable adults in that house.

Perhaps FedEx should send her instructions on team lifting.

McFeely

Huge Member
You better believe the next time there's a delivery to this house that's 90 pounds that it's not gonna get delivered unless the homeowner helps. I'm bringing that crap back to the station.

bacha29

This is why they make pallets and towmotors . This is what happens when you steal motor freight off the LTL. I bet the poor slug didn't even have handcart with him. But when you get paid on a per diem getting done at the earliest possible time is all that matters.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Many years ago we had a driver deliver a bed system to a house. There was no where to leave 8 large boxes anywhere but the front porch. So he stacked them on the front porch and apparently blocked the front door when doing so.
The lady had to call the sheriff's office to come let her out of her house.
The back door was not accessible to her from the inside of the house.

SmithBarney

I imagine this was a little passive-aggressive payback to this maroon of a customer for this awful delivery from our crony, capitalist, ISP driver-hating, globalist company. Should have trapped her in her house by taking the extra time to block ever exit.

I agree, I'd be a bit put off by 900lbs of shelves, but I definitely would have never made it to the front door to see that sign.
those steel shelves are probably being installed in the garage anyway.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It reminds me of that story a few years ago where the FedEx driver tossed a box of dolls clothes on the porch ( which the driver made one heck of a toss). She was probably looking for a freebie from FedEx

Housewife with too much time and everything to bitch about. My doll's outfits go anywhere from $60-$200 and even as meticulous as I am, know there's no way that that would have hurt them. Would I have been agitated? Probably. But with no damage done, would have just let it go and moved on.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Housewife with too much time and everything to bitch about. My doll's outfits go anywhere from $60-$200 and even as meticulous as I am, know there's no way that that would have hurt them. Would I have been agitated? Probably. But with no damage done, would have just let it go and moved on.
And getting the TV news station involved too. Can you say “drama queen?” That newscaster acted like he was some regional VP or something. Whatta’ shmuck.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Amateurs...

Here's what I did to a townhouse a few years ago. Had to save it on my micro sd card for proof

sketch-1529282596296.png

Since I took a while stacking them neatly, I sang the wayfair tune while doing so...

The pro is that they did a good job taping up those boxes!

bacha29

Amateurs...

Here's what I did to a townhouse a few years ago. Had to save it on my micro sd card for proof

View attachment 198030

Since I took a while stacking them neatly, I sang the wayfair tune while doing so...

The pro is that they did a good job taping up those boxes!
What other options did you have? Looks like none. You could put it right in front of the door so they can't get out which might be an issue if the place caught on fire. Or in the case of smaller boxes put it in their pathway trip and fall over it and then sue the contractor. That's what happened a few years back to a woman claiming that she fell over a USPS box sued and won.

Chaos

I Am The Devil

I don’t think people realize we know where you live. Throwing packages isn’t cool but just caused me my job...I’d burn her house down.