Trillion Dollar Stimulus Is Going to Cost Americans.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I don't get this. The US government is not gifting us a trillion dollars. The taxpayers are paying for this.

They are saying each adult will receive $1000. How many adults in America?

This sounds like a loan with a high interest rate and we are gonna lose big time in the long run.

I'll have to run some numbers. there are about 210 million adults in US. The stimulus package is 1 trillion.

that is about $4700 and change for each adult to pay back. however not each adult is a taxpayer.

Last edited:
I don't get this. The US government is not gifting us a trillion dollars. The taxpayers are paying for this.

This sounds like a loan with a high interest rate and we are gonna lose big time in the long run.

I'll have to run some numbers
1000 strippers could get a crispy greenback from me.
Let's get the economy going again

Brownsocks

Just a dog

I'll have to run some numbers. there are about 210 million adults in US. The stimulus package is 1 trillion.

that is about $4700 and change for each adult to pay back. however not each adult is a taxpayer.
Most of us make over the 75,000 limit. We wont see anything.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
there are only 122 million taxpayers. divided into a trillion that is $8196 pay back for each adult.

if brown socks is correct the payback will probably be $10,000 or more per adult.

rod

Retired 22 years

I don't think each adult will be getting a grand. I don't believe retired people get squat.

Brownsocks

Just a dog

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
some kind of carni shell game. is my math close? this is based on the total trillion dollar package. The $1000 part is "only" 210B based on 210 million adults .

but we taxpayers will have to pay for the whole trillion dollar package. is this why they dropped rates to zero?

The inflation would go thru the roof printing this much money at one time.

It will be fine

Do these adults not purchase anything in your fantasyland? Everyone pays some taxes. It’s basically free to borrow money right now. No reason not to.