Triple-Time Option Day

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
We get a paid holiday for Thanksgiving and another paid day for the Friday after. So if we worked Black Friday it is double-time for that day plus straight holiday pay. That is the only day of the year that would be "triple-time" where I am at. A driver can work a little overtime and gross a thousand bucks in one day.
Same here and I also ask for as much work as possible
I understand our overtime gets taxed heavily but I always try to make it a $1000 day
Same with new years eve

Johney

We don't get double time bit we get time and a half for the day, same for New year's Eve . I usually work New year's Eve and ask for a dead day on the second.
It's double time here for guys who work. In feeders we don't work New Years eve except for an airport run and that's straight time because it's air.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Same here and I also ask for as much work as possible
I understand our overtime gets taxed heavily but I always try to make it a $1000 day
Same with new years eve
OT gets taxed at the same rate as getting paid a dollar. Just more tax comes out the more you make.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
OT gets taxed at the same rate as getting paid a dollar. Just more tax comes out the more you make.
I understand the concept of making more and paying more
It just seems like the % of taxes taken out increases when I work more overtime
I want to say after 52 hours in a week increases my tax %

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
At a higher rate. I had a couple of checks with over 65 hours, they taxed me at the next tax bracket.

I understand the concept of making more and paying more
It just seems like the % of taxes taken out increases when I work more overtime
I want to say after 52 hours in a week increases my tax %

This really isn't brain surgery here. Your tax bracket will not increase unless you surpass the threshold amount stipulated by the IRS. Something like $130+K a year (IIRC). Otherwise you get taxed at the same rate just the more you make the more tax is paid. If you make $1k and the tax is 25%, you have $250 taken out. If you make $2k and the tax is 25%, you have $500 taken out.

This really isn't brain surgery here. Your tax bracket will not increase unless you surpass the threshold amount stipulated by the IRS. Something like $130+K a year (IIRC). Otherwise you get taxed at the same rate just the more you make the more tax is paid. If you make $1k and the tax is 25%, you have $250 taken out. If you make $2k and the tax is 25%, you have $500 taken out.
I'm telling you when you.get one of those big paychecks they act like you are making a 130k a year.

Maybe if you worked more than 3 days a week you would know this

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
My bad
Good thing I am not doing brain surgery
Walking packages to people's door is more in my wheel house

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You're wasting your breath. Look under the title of the post next to "thread discussion started by..." This has been addressed with moderators to no avail.

Everywhere I look, I only see the new name. Either way it's still better to change it than to keep plastering it all over the site.