Trouble brewing in chicago!

trickpony1

I wish I belonged to a real union like locals 705 and 710.
705 and 710 don't realize how lucky they are.
My local represents freight, grocery, car haul and, before I forget, UPS.
What kind of representation do you think we get?

705red

Browncafe Steward
That check was to buy Hoffa off ... and since he is a lawyer, I guess you are technically correct.

And out comes another peanut from the gallery!!! Hoffa has already agreed to raise the medical for retirees in the next contract, at least that is the testimony that was given under oath during this court case. This check is for local 705 and is reimbursement for monies that was spend on the attorneys to DEFEAT UPS. Hoffa has nothing to do with 705! Steve Poctowski is our Sec.Treas and has more balls than anyone at the IBT. Hoffa and Hall where no where to be found during this court case, this was 705 acting in the best interests of all UPS members, retired and active!!

You should be pissed that you had to take a pay freeze and UPS was just pissing away Hundreds of thousands of dollars on this case.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I wish I belonged to a real union like locals 705 and 710.
705 and 710 don't realize how lucky they are.
My local represents freight, grocery, car haul and, before I forget, UPS.
What kind of representation do you think we get?

Oh yes we do!!!!!

trick we were the same way. Told to shut up at meetings etc. Now here we run the local! I feel your pain, maybe we should put a UPSer back in charge of the IBT?!

705red

Browncafe Steward
A lot of people with much lower fixed incomes make much more difficult decisions on a daily basis.

I undersatnd that, but I was referring to 804's problem. It appears that the old EBoard banrupted the fund and tole no one, it wasnt unjtil the new slate took office did they realize how bad it had gotten. Now the new board which just took over in January has had to make some tough choices. I just was wondering what they paid prior to it going up this much.

local804

Local, what was it prior to the increase? I dont know many people on fixed income that could afford that!

$225.00
The copays doubled also for in network physicians and lab work from $10. to $20 and prescriptions went from 10 to 15 (20 for retirees). The out of network 80%-20% is pretty much shot also. Dont forget Red that in 5 years our fund has lost 20 million dollars and was spiraling very fast to nothing. Health care and drug prices going up had a small part to do with this mess in our trust fund(imo). There was a time where the old board was taking the money that was suppost to go in the health and welfare fund and putting it all in the pension fund. What this did was bandage one problem and create a atomic bomb with another. Ron CArey did this many years ago and it worked perfectly. These guys try it and it backfires. People never realize what a smart man Ron was and his local is paying the price for some stupid fk ups.