Trump breaking unions

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It's no secret that @newfie is UPS management.

He's here to let you know that Trump loves unions!.... and also.... unions are unnecessary and the jobs aren't that great and pensions are terrible and it's just a dues sucking money scam..... and Trump loves unions and unions love Trump, maga!

dude is a joke
Public unions suck

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Illinois, new jersey, public unions there are bankrupting the state
like giving healthcare to illegal immigrants in California
tenor (12).gif

El Correcto

god is dead
People who work for a living don't bankrupt States. Politicians who pass budgets bankrupt States. A politician told you to blame unions.
Who is electing the politicians that they negotiate with for increase pay and benefits or to safeguard an already failing budget?

You are quick to blame politicians who bankrupt things, you don’t also place blame on who elected the politicians who promised to do so?

newfie

I have a question.

Imagine if a bunch of anti-union people decided to try and bust unions from the inside. They took union jobs, made names for themselves, got voted into positions of authority within the union. Possibly with backing from other anti-union people or organizations. Imagine what they might do to kill unions, while trying to maintain the facade of being a "union guy".

I ask you, how would that be any different than what is happening in Unions now?

why do people have fantasies like this. Do we really believe a union is some powerful force that has to be creatively undermined?

the power of the union is in the collective bargaining that takes place at contract time. you guys get some things you need or want the company gets some things they need or want and then everyone plays nice again.

As a management person I've always been comfortable with the contract rules. It gives everyone a clear script that needs to be followed.
when there is disagreement there is a process to litigate it. thats it.

the norma ray days are over for us guys. UPS is a ball busting company that pays union scale. no dark force no east versu west no good versus evil. its business and move on.