Trump meets with Kim Jung Un

newfie

What results are you expecting?

the end of the Korean war. some type of normalized relations at least on par with other authoritarian countries?

Keep in mind when you challenge my point that this was Obama's justification for normalizing relations with Cuba . He argued the point that nothing had happened with Cuba in 50 years so we might as well just start diplomatic relations with them without preconcessions.

what then is the difference with NK. if you look at the human rights abuses, efforts to get nuclear weapons etc. the similarities between the two countries is very similar. If anything Cuba has done more to destabilize other countries then NK.

newfie

you realize that you are linking CNN here who has gone so far overboard they no longer have any credibility?

I think Trump believes he can negotiate with anyone and be successful. If you want to try to spin it in a negative fashion then I would say that Trump wants what every president wants which is his legacy. he wants to be the guy that solves the NK problem. He wants to be the guy that negotiates long last peace agreements with other authoritarian leaders.

its the same reason Obama did what he did with Cuba . HIs legacy will be the end of the Cuban isolation.

when we make this argument about Trump don't forget that every president has chased a what has been fools gold mission of solving the NK problem. Trump has gone further with it by changing our position but every president has at one point tried to solve it. every president in recent times has been a suitor with flowers in hand who was left empty handed at the alter. why would I fault Trump for trying something different after 70 years if it possibly results in peace in the world.

every president has tried to normalize with Russia . Obama was caught on open mike promising the Russians an easier time after the elections.

every president since Nixon has chased better relations with China.

Trumps got a different way of saying the same thing but the objective is the same as with other presidents

moreluck

golden ticket member
you realize that you are linking CNN here who has gone so far overboard they no longer have any credibility?

I think Trump believes he can negotiate with anyone and be successful. If you want to try to spin it in a negative fashion then I would say that Trump wants what every president wants which is his legacy. he wants to be the guy that solves the NK problem. He wants to be the guy that negotiates long last peace agreements with other authoritarian leaders.

its the same reason Obama did what he did with Cuba . HIs legacy will be the end of the Cuban isolation.

when we make this argument about Trump don't forget that every president has chased a what has been fools gold mission of solving the NK problem. Trump has gone further with it by changing our position but every president has at one point tried to solve it. every president in recent times has been a suitor with flowers in hand who was left empty handed at the alter. why would I fault Trump for trying something different after 70 years if it possibly results in peace in the world.

every president has tried to normalize with Russia . Obama was caught on open mike promising the Russians an easier time after the elections.

every president since Nixon has chased better relations with China.

Trumps got a different way of saying the same thing but the objective is the same as with other presidents

When it comes to China it was only Hunter Biden who said...."if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." :raspberry-tounge:

newfie

When it comes to China it was only Hunter Biden who said...."if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." :raspberry-tounge:

have you heard a story from any MSM News "journalist" where they have not tried to clearly state that nothing has been proven and even that all these charges have been debunked? who is coaching these alleged Journalist to all say the same thing in defense of the bidens?

but best of all listen to Joe Bidens response to these charges. He will use the same line, that nothing has been proven against him on these charges.

an innocent man at this juncture would not claim nothing has been proven he would give you a detailed answer on why he never did anything shady. he would give a detailed answer on what steps he took to make sure he never even gave the appearance of anything shady.
he would give you a detailed answer as to what he did to make sure his son did not benifit from his position.

biden was not just the VP he was specifically our foreign policy guy for the ukraine and china. he had an obligation to make sure he was not only clean but looked clean.

It will be fine

an innocent man at this juncture would not claim nothing has been proven he would give you a detailed answer on why he never did anything shady. he would give a detailed answer on what steps he took to make sure he never even gave the appearance of anything shady.
he would give you a detailed answer as to what he did to make sure his son did not benifit from his position.
Do you hold the same standard for Trump?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
the end of the Korean war. some type of normalized relations at least on par with other authoritarian countries?

Keep in mind when you challenge my point that this was Obama's justification for normalizing relations with Cuba . He argued the point that nothing had happened with Cuba in 50 years so we might as well just start diplomatic relations with them without preconcessions.

what then is the difference with NK. if you look at the human rights abuses, efforts to get nuclear weapons etc. the similarities between the two countries is very similar. If anything Cuba has done more to destabilize other countries then NK.

Dear Leader has gained continuous major victories over Trump. The latest is that NK has broken-off talks again. In the meantime, NK has significantly increased it's missile capability, re-opened closed facilities, and grown much closer to the real Supreme Dear Leader....President for life Xi. NK is also building a ballistic sub base. Think that maybe Putin or Xi could help Kim get a few subs? Yeah, I kind of think that's possible.

To say that KJU has toyed with Trump and made an utter fool of him (The Donald) would be a major understatement.

newfie

Dear Leader has gained continuous major victories over Trump. The latest is that NK has broken-off talks again. In the meantime, NK has significantly increased it's missile capability, re-opened closed facilities, and grown much closer to the real Supreme Dear Leader....President for life Xi. NK is also building a ballistic sub base. Think that maybe Putin or Xi could help Kim get a few subs? Yeah, I kind of think that's possible.

To say that KJU has toyed with Trump and made an utter fool of him (The Donald) would be a major understatement.

um he had those missles and nuclear capabilities before trump. nice try though

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
um he had those missles and nuclear capabilities before trump. nice try though

Yes, but he's added more missiles in sheer numbers, longer range missiles, and is now building that pesky sub base. Trump has so strengthened NK and also China, because that's who KJU really reports to.

A LOSING effort by Trump all around. NK, and China make huge gains at our expense.

Thanks, President Idiot.

vantexan

Yes, but he's added more missiles in sheer numbers, longer range missiles, and is now building that pesky sub base. Trump has so strengthened NK and also China, because that's who KJU really reports to.

A LOSING effort by Trump all around. NK, and China make huge gains at our expense.

Thanks, President Idiot.
And yet you sneer at every attempt to bring China and NK to negotiations. Just no pleasing you.